4789 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

HP IRS Configuration Problem

Costeam
Occasional Contributor

HP IRS Configuration Problem

Hi

I recently took over management of our Insight Remote Support installation. The first thing I decided to do was upgrade it from 5.60 to 7.0.5. This upgrade seems to have worked but I do have a couple of problems with it.

Firstly, Whenever I try to refresh an items Warranty & Contract entitlement I get the following error: -

Problem with device entitlement - Entitlement failed;Entitlement-Service warning: isIsReRegisterError(0) Authentication failure; Authentication Failed
As a result all devices are reporting a failed overall status as a result of the Warranty/Contract reporting "Not Entitled".

Secondly, under administrator settings when I try to configure the HP Insight Online credentials I get the following error: -

Problem saving portal visibility - PortalVisibility call failed;PortalVisibility-Service warning: type 'ClientError'(610) Expired registration token; Expired registration token

1. Anyone have any idea what would cause these problems?
  2. Does this have to be configured in order for the Warranty & Contract  refresh to work or is it unrelated?
  3. Do I really need to enable this at all? After all it is supposedly optional.

Other info.

• IRS is running on a VM all of its own, no other HP products are installed with it.
  • A proxy is configured for the connectivity and the connection test works OK.
  • Whilst we do run SIM 6.3 here at the moment it runs on a separate system and there is currently no link between the two systems, they do not, and are are not expected to, work together at this stage.
  • I believe that until now all that has been required of IRS (5.60) is an email to be sent to HP as and when a problem occurs. As far as I know that should still work although we have not experienced a problem that would test this since the upgrade from 5.60 to 7.0.5

Thanks

Nick

7 REPLIES 7
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: HP IRS Configuration Problem

I haven't bothered going up to 7 yet but just an FYI, the HP support backend seems to be under going an extended period of maintenance so that might be having some effect.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Costeam
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the answer.

I wanted to go to version 7 as we have a couple of new blade chassis that can talk to IRS but insist on it being at 7.

Yes I too had seen that there was maintenance going on but as it doesn't go in to much detail about exactly what it affects I couldn't be sure whether it was the cause of my issues or not. I was rather hoping that someone out there might have seen the same problem and know how to fix it.

I guess I will have to wait until they finish doing their maintenance and hope that it fixes the problem.

Happy to award kudos once I figure out how :)

Nick

shocko
Honored Contributor

I have had a few issues also and I assuming it's the maintenance as I haven't upgraded yet. Lets wait a week until maintenance is complete and then we can tackle it on a clean playing field ;)

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Costeam
Occasional Contributor

Well, I note that the maintenance has now finished on the HP support website although they are advertising a further outage on Dec 15th.

However, the problems still persists.

Shoko - do you still have issues?

Costeam
Occasional Contributor

Well, I still have these problems.

Is there any route we can take to get HP to look in to this issue?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Is there any route we can take to get HP to look in to this issue?

Have you tried the HPSC?

http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc

EricL
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Please log a support case at http://www.hp.com/go/rstechsupport and the HP Insight RS support team will work with you directly to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Eric

I am an HP Employee.