3809 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HP-IRS accessing web sites

SamaySoni
Occasional Contributor

HP-IRS accessing web sites

Hi

Anyone knows exactly which HP or other web sites that HP-IRS standard version 7.6 needs to have access to?
Also which ports? 

Regards,

Vivek

5 REPLIES 5
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Re: HP-IRS accessing web sites

Hi Vivek,

IRS v7.6 onwards will need access to FQDN api.support.hpe.com via TCP Port 443 (outbound , Connection ack)

You can check the connectivity to HPE IRS DC by accessing the following URL's from the IRS hosting device:

https://api.support.hpe.com/v1/version/ (output will be similar to 17.X.X.XX)

https://api.support.hpe.com/v1/SWM/manifest.xml -- (output will be a XML page)

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

SamaySoni
Occasional Contributor

Hello sanjay,

well i have made connectivity using alias services.isee.hp.com through IP address. but sometimes it is connected and sometime it loses connection and also it is not able to download package catalog from HPE.

well i read in the document that "All data sent to HPE is through an HTTPS connection to the destination services.isee.hp.com. This destination is a virtual IP address that is automatically routed to an active server in one of the HPE Data Centers. HPE strongly recommends configuring only the alias".

My company uses IP address for connectivity. so is this new alias "api.support.hpe.com" will be helpful and wont be a virtual IP?

Vivek

toddg1
HPE Pro

Vivek,

This new address is also a virtual ip that points to a load balancer.  So, no different than the current one.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

HPE recommends to use the FQDN address rather then the static IP addresses, HPE  will replicate its Insight Remote Support infrastructure at an additional HPE data center to provide more resilient access for IRS Event Processing. This enhancement uses Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) to implement redundant access. IF you still need the IP address you can use the "nslookup api.support.hpe.com" command to check the current active IP address. 

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

JTodd1
Frequent Advisor

Please note that if you do a nslooup on the URL you will only receive the ACTIVE IP address. If there is a failover all communication to HPE will break since the IP address will change. We highly recommend using the hostname instead of the IP address in your firewall rules. If that is not an option, please contact support to get the official IP addresses.

I am a HPE employee

I am an HPE employee