New Discussion

Re: HP IRSS installation webes expired after one year

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mario Giaretta
Frequent Advisor

HP IRSS installation webes expired after one year

Hello,
one year ago i have installed HP Insight Remote Support Standard in my environment and today webes date is expired. Do you is necessary to reinstall IRSS or it's possible to modifiy one setting in the product?
thanks
Regards
Mario

3 REPLIES 3
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Insight Remote Support has regular updates of its components including WEBES that correct any known issues and introduces new product support. This can be achieved by setting updates to automatic or by manually installing updates. Either of these will stop WEBES from timing out after one year. Keeping up to date with Insight RS versions, is also important for support, as HP only supplies support for the current and previous version.

Regards, Werner
D.Glass
Advisor

I updated WEBES to 6.2 a few weeks ago, but the certificate expired yesterday. When I ran

DESTA SERVOB CHANGE

I found an obligation starting the date of my WEBES update and was able to generate a new certificate, but this did not happen automatically with the update.

WernerCH
Advisor

The today's official way to reactivate the WEBES service obligation and to extend it for another year is described on http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/svctools/WEBESservob.html .

The command you've mentioned has no effect as long as the service obligation is expired. This command is only permitted to be used by authorized HP engineers.

Regards, Werner

WernerCH