3870 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Inisght Remote Support - Unable to Register Hosting Device

RobinCurtisza
Occasional Visitor

HP Inisght Remote Support - Unable to Register Hosting Device

Hi All,

I am having trouble registering the Hosting Device on a new installation of HP Insight Remote Support.

The version is 7.0.5.0193.

The initial connection test is succesful but as soon as I click Register with HP, it takes about 10 minutes then says Unable to Register with HP.

Can anyone point me to some log files to check or where I should start troubleshooting?

Connectivity tests are succesful, firwall configuration is not blocking any traffic, it just wont register.

Moved from TRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum to Insight Remote Support > General

8 REPLIES 8
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HP Inisght Remote Support - Unable to Register Hosting Device

Do you have outgoing filtering? Take care the registration uses a webservice which is using data compression for large XML data transport.  I already saw content filters which removed the compressed information by default.

RobinCurtisza
Occasional Visitor

No filtering being applied, also no proxy server.

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

In this case I can only guess that you have 7.05 build less than 193?

Or some of the parameters you entered have conflict on the HP side.

Did you know that you have free support from HP if your  HW which you plan to monitor still has warranty or a mantainance contract. You can open a HW Call mentioning it concerns Insight Remote Support.

EricL
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Right, you may ultimately need to file a support ticket to get focus on your specific issue since there is troubleshooting data that you don't want to post in a public forum.

In the meantime, there are a couple things you can look at that might help identify what is happening.  If you look in the C:\ProgramData\HP\RS\Data\INTEGRATION\adapters\HpAdapter\sessions folder, you'll see a couple xml files that give us insight to the registration call. 

• UCARegistrationRequest_MsgId[xxx].xml is the data being sent to HP to complete the registration request. 
  • UCARegistrationResult_MsgId[xxx].xml is the HP-provided response to that request.

The result may give some actionable indication of what failure was encounter (e.g. if there was a connectivity problem, or a temporary HP issue), although, to be fair, there is an equal chance that the error response won't mean a whole lot to you.  It's worth a look though. 

Make sure that you are on a supported OS (and the the SPP is installed if running on a host OS).  If running in a guest OS, make sure you are on a supported hypervisor version.

Thanks,

Eric

I am an HP Employee.
tomb_acn
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

I am having the same problem with HP insight online.

registration status is ok, but impossible to make Inisgth online and register device

UCAregistrationRequest :

isee:ISEE-Registration schemaVersion="5.00" xmlns:isee="http://www.hp.com/schemas/isee/5.00/event" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<RegistrationSource>
<HP_OOSIdentifiers>
<CSID>
<Section name="SYSTEM_ID

UCAregistratioNREsult :

GDID: b1ab9c9c-4ab5-48c6-85d0-48f324b956e4
RegistrationToken:

we have opened a case since weeks

CASE:4644958357 (with IRS level 3)

could you please provide some help ?

Best regards

Thomas Bailleul

Markus0815

strange....

HP pentrate us to install this pile of sh* on software and they are not able to provide a version which is capable to run on Hyper-V.

we tried now version 7.0.8 on a Hyper-V guest with exactly the same problem...not able to register with HP.

Good job HP !

dissapointed
Occasional Visitor

The valdiation wizard passes everything before install and then registration fails? How lame is the validation wizard?

This remote support was a major selling point before we pruchased, at no time was it mentioned that HP don't support Microsoft Hyper-V which is all we run on all our HP servers.

HP could not be more lame and deceptive about how this rubbish software is supposed to work. So much for being a Microsoft parner, means nothing in reality.

So many people in the forums have to same problem and HP treat us with complete contempt by not doing anythign to fix it.

toddg1
HPE Pro

Hello Everyone,

There is a new release of Insight Remte Support that is due at any moment now.  Among other things, the small problem that has kept a Hyper-V provided guest OS from working has finally been resolved.

If you're needing Hyper-V provided guests, and you install an approved OS into that guest - I-RS 7.0.9 will allow

you to use this hypervisor and be properly registered at HP, as this is now a supported platform.

Read the release notes for proper setup, so you can also monitor the servers that are running the hypervisors.

These guest OS will not be eligible for support, the same as with VMGuests, but this is expected.  The underlying hardware, if properly setup, will be eligible for support.

Hope this helps!

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo