Insight Remote Support
1751843 Members
6135 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Insight Remote Support 7.0.5 - Cannot Register Hosting Device With HP...

kekarlsen
Advisor

I have this same issue regarding IRS, our management servers run on a Hyper-V server and it's frustrating to not be able to install this software on one them.

I hope you are able to get Hyper-V support any time soon as I have IRS installed on a an old HP server that is about to flatline...

S.Cooper
Advisor

Hi Eric,

It would be reassuring if somebody from HP at least came out with a statement that "we know about this problem and we are looking at it" even if there was no ETA for the fix.

I'm pretty sure I got an old version of HPSIM with RSSWM running and successfully pulling contract data and phoning home by manually setting a serial number, model number and system type on the CMS in HPSIM to that of the HP server that was hosting the VM. Unfortunately that workaround doesnt work any more and the lack of this core functionality is very frustrating indeed.

Cheers

Steve

DataHammer
Occasional Contributor

Same problem here, cant register my hosting device.  My management server is  Windows 2008r2 SP1. Error: "an unexpected error occurred". Very helpful.

Has anyone found the solution?

tomb_acn
Occasional Advisor

I have the same issue, did you get it solved ?

Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

There are thousand people here that runs Hyper-v Hypervisor and honestly is not understandable this lack of support of Hyperv VMs .

I don't want to criticise your answer but it looks difficult to believe that is so difficult to get from a Hyperv VM  the same info you extract from an vmware VM

Thanks

Mark-E
Visitor

I have the same error, with this in the XML log file:

Registration failed; Registration-Service warning:  type 'ClientError'(100) Get GDID error; Failed to get GDID!

Why the client gives such a useless error message when more information is a available is just a sign of how poorly HP engineer their own support systems.

HP claim to be a Microsoft parent but don't make a support system that runs on Micrsoft software properly. Some partnership!

The validation wizard at the start of the install finds no fault with being installed on a Hyer-V client, but i suspect this error is related to that. HP also don't support the version of Windows server that has been out for over 12 months, some comiittment to Microsoft and its customers there HP!

I had no idea being a HP customer would be such a second rate experience when it comes to their support systems.

NasaDave
Advisor

I have come across this problem before. IRS is not supported on Hyper-V and there is no plan that I am aware of to support it in the future.

It has to do with Hardware Identification. The product wants to make sure it is running on HP Hardware only. VMware will pass the hardware identity, but Hyper-V does not. That is a difference in implementation of Hypervisor design.

This is not an issue with Hyper-V, it is an issue with HP and should be corrected.

There have been many threads on this; still HP could care less to all the feature requests submitted.