1752590 Members
3342 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight Remote Support 7.0.5 is now available

Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

HP Insight Remote Support 7.0.5 is now available

Are you spending more time diagnosing and troubleshooting problems, and spending less time focusing on your business? Remote support can help you shift the budget mix from operations to business innovation.

What is remote support?

Remote support is the use of software to remotely monitor, troubleshoot and facilitate problem resolution for your hardware infrastructure - servers, storage networking, printing and select multi-vendor devices. HP Insight Remote Support is HP's remote support solution for businesses.

Continuously monitoring your environment 24x7, this solution proactively alerts you to potential problems, and troubleshoots for you when problems occur. With accurate diagnostics, information is sent to HP support staff or Authorized Partners, who will determine if the problem can be resolved immediately or if an onsite visit is required.

Select from HP Insight Remote Support 7.0.5 (for environments with 1- 500 devices and limited IT staff) or HP Insight Remote Support Advanced (for environments with enterprise and mission critical devices).

Note: HP Insight RS 7.0.5 is a replacement and an upgrade to devices previously supported by Insight RSS 5.x

For more information, please visit the HP Insight Remote Support Software homepage, which includes links to a FAQ, a Solution Brief, and many additional resources.

I work for HPE.
7 REPLIES 7
shocko
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Whats the verison for HP Insight Remote Support Advanced? Is it now also bundled with 7.0.5 or is IRSSA now 5.80?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

@shocko wrote:

Whats the verison for HP Insight Remote Support Advanced? Is it now also bundled with 7.0.5 or is IRSSA now 5.80?

The current version of Insight RSA is still 5.70 - this announcement only pertains to Insight Remote Support.

I work for HPE.
shocko
Honored Contributor

Thanks.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Rene Nascimento
Frequent Advisor

This is confusing, I'm running RSA 5.70 so I can or can't upgrade to RSA 5.80? I'm currently running Insight Control 6.3.

AndyC
Advisor

Hi Rene,

Yes, you can upgrade RSA 5.70 to RSA 5.80. RSA 5.80 is an incremental improvement to the RSA architecture.

Remote Support 7.0.5 is a completely new platform. Remote Support 7.0.5 is targeted for RSS customers and some smaller RSA customers.

RSA customers should only upgrade to 7.0.5 if they are ready to move to a completely new user experience and meet the criteria called out in the 7.0.5 release notes http://www.hp.com/go/insightremotesupport/docs
(e.g.:fewer than 500 devices, no Superdome servers, no NonStop servers, no mission critical contracts, comfortable with a lighter weight HP SIM integration, etc. ).

Best Regards,
-AndyC
I am an HP employee.
NasaDave
Advisor

Fails to install on Hyper-V VMs running on HP Hardware.

We've paid for servers and service, but HP Support states that we must purchase additional hardware in order to install this product.

Chris_N
Occasional Advisor

Hello NasaDave,

HyperV VMs are currently not a supported platform to run as a hosting device for Insight Remote Support.

You can find the Release Notes for InsightRS v7.x posted here: www.hp.com/go/insightremotesupport/docs

There have been requests to support HyperV VMs as a hosting device.  At such time it is supported, it will be listed in the Release Notes under the Supported hosting device OS.

Currently, VMWare and Citrix Xen Server are the only two supported virtualization OS platforms.

Regards,

Chris

I am an HP employee!