4838 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Insight Remote Support 7.0.5

ThoMas_32
Advisor

HP Insight Remote Support 7.0.5

Hello,

does somebody know, when HP Insight Remote Support 7.0.5 will be available?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
mc1903-1
Advisor

I just downloaded and installed it today... Looks Very different but it was easy to setup... 

It needs Windows 2008 / 2008 R2 to install on though - which threw me as I tried to install on Windows 2003 and the installer just crashed without error...

I was up and running in less than 30 minutes... Very happy, apart from the 30 character restriction on email address -  mine is 31 characters..!

Enjoy...

mc

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Good to hear... Can U tell me where U found the software? Just checked the HP site but cannot find it...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
mc1903-1
Advisor

Here you go:

I downloaded the installer from here: https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=REMOTESUPPORT

Documentation is available here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&lang=en&cc=us&docIndexId=64179&taskId=101&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=5196908

It is still referenced on parts of the HP website as "HP Insight Remote Support Next Gen Software" - I guess that will be updated in the coming days/weeks...

Have fun...

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Thanks!

I will try it asap...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Kofl

Finally also installed it, works fine.

But, it does not recognize registered CarePacks on the server - although on the HP warranty lookup page they are listed and fine.

Did you experience the same?

Best,

Thomas