4576 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Insight Remote Support - Registration Error

heckflosse1
Occasional Advisor

HP Insight Remote Support - Registration Error

Hi,

when it try to register the HP Insight Remote Support with ILO i get the error message:

Remote Support Registration Error. Protocol error occurred while communicating with the HP Insight Remote Support receiver.Please retry. (Cannot establish SSL connection)

Server is online. I have tried the registration on two different locations with no firewall, etc.

Thanks for any answers.

Markus

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to Insight Remote Support > General. - HP forum moderator

11 REPLIES 11
jward87

I have the same issue. 

ChristianK

I´m facing the same error

toddg1
HPE Pro

Please reply with:

* What Version of Insight Remote Support are you running?

* What version of firmware is on the iLO?

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Howiedoit
Frequent Advisor

Same error.

All 4 of my esxi servers and 2 Win2K8R2 servers. All were working. Nothing has changed in my enviro. This MUST be on HP side of things.

I see in my HP Portal that last comm for one Host was Feb 25/2015 @ 10:22:33 AM PST.

The other 5 devices have similar dates: Feb 22 thru Mar 2nd

ILO 4 Advanced

Cannot give version of Insight Remote as it does not say (built into ILO)

Makita_NZ
Occasional Visitor

Has anyone been able to get a resolution on this one?

toddg1
HPE Pro

Can you help me understand this configuration a little better.

I am assuming from some of your statements, that these devices are connected directly to HP (DirectConnect) via the iLO 4 on all of the servers, and that there is no Insight Remote Support in your environment?

I would suggest that you open a support case with HP Support to have them help troubleshoot  this further.

If you are connected to an Insight Remote Support instance, I would still suggest calling support - but they will need to know which way you are configured to assist you.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
DS092068
Occasional Visitor

I was able to resolve this issue, I have a DL580 Gen8 with ilo4, the firmware for the iLo was 2.02, I updated to 2.03 and was able to successfully register the server, the challenge, in the intelligent provision, I originally preformed the "Firmware Update" it stated the latest was 2.00 and I had 2.02 loaded, so not sure why the firmware update does not have 2.03, I did 2 brand new servers out of the box no OS loaded, sided by side, one with 2.02 and one with 2.03, 2.03 was successful, the one with 2.02 (I rcvd the SSL error "Device Registration Failed: Cannot establish SSL connection") needed to be update, not sure if the update includes the latest SSL / TLS patch to correct this issue, also note, that the time/clock on your server needs to be accurate, that was another point I noted that also helped resolve this.

Hope this helps other, I do not have a link for the 2.03. I recieved that from HP support on an unrelated issue I opened a case on a few months back

Howiedoit
Frequent Advisor

Hi all, I can also confirm this  to be correct. iLO v2.03 loaded up and it Registered. My iLO was v2.02 beforehand.

There is now a v2.10 out, so will be doing this version and see how it plays with one server. If it plays nice, will do all the others.

Tks.

shocko
Honored Contributor

So we now have a hard dependancy on iLo firmware with IRS 7 :(

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)