New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM 5.3 on d: drive with RSP on C: drive

SOLVED
Go to solution
ThomasVu
Advisor

HP SIM 5.3 on d: drive with RSP on C: drive

Hey all,

I was wondering the following: in the cms-prerequisites document for HP RSP there is stated "IMPORTANT: The Service Essentials Remote Support Pack does NOT support being hosted on Virtual
systems and must be installed on the c:\ drive of a supported ProLiant CMS running Windows." (In section 2.2 RSP supported hardware).

Am I correct if I assume that HP SIM can safely be installed on the D: drive while choosing c: for the RSP part? Is this possible?

I'm really curious to know how much people out there have their SIM on a non c: drive and are happily using RSP. Specifically with the webes part for HP EVA storage.

Its really hard for me to believe that everyone installs their software in the default directories.
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Claiborne
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Thomas,

It's possible to choose different drives for RSP than for the rest of the components of HP SIM. To do this, select a "custom" HP SIM install. Each subcomponent will walk you through an interactive install that will allow you to specify a directory. Specify a directory on the system drive (typically C:) for RSP/RSSWM.

RSP is actually an umbrella program for many different subcomponents. If you specify a non-system drive for RSP, many of the subcomponents will install on that drive...however there are a handful that will still install on the system drive. I *think* WEBES should be one of the components that does install on the specified drive.

From the lab perspective, the RSP solution *should* work when the bulk of RSP is on a non-system drive, and some subcomponents are on the system drive. However, it looks kind of strange and we were concerned that it would be confusing to customers...hence the note about the c: drive.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
-Andy Claiborne
ThomasVu
Advisor

Thnx for the answer and clarification. Tomorrow I'm having a meeting related to this setup. Perhaps I'll have questions after that aswell.

What is your relation, or job, towards HP RSP?
Andrew Claiborne
Valued Contributor

Hey Thomas,

I'm an individual contributor on the RSP project. When I get a chance, I try to browse the forums to get a sense of where our biggest problems are, and help out when I can :-).

Good luck on your meeting!
-Andy