Insight Remote Support
1753792 Members
7028 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM, Remote Support Client install

Jimmy Cartrette

HP SIM, Remote Support Client install

First question...HP SIM's download page announces SIM 5.2 SP2...but when you click to download, only SIM 5.2 SP1 is listed in the downloads screen.

That might be related to this issue...I have install HP SIM and Remote Support Software Manager. I have all of the Remote Support Software parts I think I need installed, except Remote Support Client A.05.10. Every time i try to install it, it gives failed(install). When I click view logs, there is no links to any logs or log output on that page. I can't seem to get that piece installed, which is when I found out I had HP SIM 5.2 SP1 instead of SP2 (with the new Remote Support Pack version). Can someone help me to get SP2 or help me figure out why my logs don't show up or why my Remote Support Client is failing?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Gustavo Nunes

Re: HP SIM, Remote Support Client install

Hello all!
I├В┬┤m having the same issue as Jimmy, relating to the installation of the Remote Support Client A.05.10. I always get the failed(install) in this package, while all the other packages are "Installed".

I tried to install the Remote Support Client manually (checked the map.txt file and run the IseeClient.msi) but didn't work.

I have the latest download from HPSIM webpage.

Any guesses?
Thank you in advance!

Gustavo Nunes
City_Blue
Super Advisor

are you on a windows system?

had a simaler issue, i found you also need Java and IIS installed
Jimmy Cartrette

I think it actually had installed, although it got a bad return code from the install package (some warning). So I ended up removing it, and removing it via add/remove, until I finally got the status to installed. But eventually, found out you can't run remote support on a vmware. Can't see why not...but I gave up on that piece.
Maxim Revutskiy
Valued Contributor

From A.05.10 CMS Prerequisites and Managed Systems Configuration Guide

"IMPORTANT: The Service Essentials Remote Support Pack does NOT support being hosted on Virtual
systems and must be installed on the c:\ drive of a supported ProLiant CMS running Windows."

I recommend to read this document before install, it could prevent many issues