Insight Remote Support
1752801 Members
5754 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM and Insight Remote Support Services

Eric DLallo

HP SIM and Insight Remote Support Services

I just upgraded and migrated OSEM to Remote Support, but I cannot find fields to populate this information. Only about a qrtr of the servers I own were in OSEM and the same amount showing up in Remote Support Services. How do I get servers that are in SIM, have a contract or warrenty, to populate into this piece of the system?

4 REPLIES 4
Rancher
Honored Contributor

In SIMS, have you run your Contract and Warranty data Collection on all of the servers?
Eric DLallo

yes. they do a successfull contract and warrenty. all sim servers run that piece without error. they just dont go into remote support...
DigiDoc TechAdmin
Occasional Advisor

I had a similar problem which was resolved by correctly configuring the snmp trapaddress on the servers involved pointing to the hpsim server.

Also I had to modify the detected string VMware ESX to VMware ESX Server in hpsim Edit Properties for our esx servers to show up in the entitlement tab.

Regards,
Hoyte Swager
Eric DLallo

thank you. seems this part of the system has required fields as well. I always new that HP SIM had required fields for warrenty and support to complete. Remote support requires me to add the Operating system information. Once that is filled in it works.

my system requires all the fields to be filled out before it will show up in remote support.

system type:
system subtype 1:
product model:
os desc:
os ver:
sys country code:
site name:
primary customer contact: