Insight Remote Support
1751691 Members
4727 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM5.3 + RSP Installation without downloading at all ?

Debeer Eric
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM5.3 + RSP Installation without downloading at all ?

Hi all,

I have already installed some sim 5.3 + RSP + Eva Monitoring integration and it works but i'm asking if it's possible to install sim and the rsswm without downloading eachtime webes, osem, ... (I spend more and more time if the customer bandwith is not so broad and i have more and more space on my usbdrive..)

Any idea to give sources (WEBES,OSEM, ...) at installation time ?
7 REPLIES 7
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Hi Eric,
All kits, which are part of the remote support (RSP) must be installed via RSSWM. Amongst other things, it is known, which components are installed with its exact version, and which components have to be updated to be up to date. Via RSSWM you'll get the most actual available packages with a new RSP installation.

Regards,
Werner
Debeer Eric
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your answer.

I know it's a better way to have always latest versions but when i do 4-5 installations each week (isee end of support) I would prefer to load it locally...

Thanks

Eric
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I agree with Eric!

It is OK if we need to download most current packages, but I want the ability to store them away for the next installation and reuse them as long as they are current. Or be able do download in advance (even if I risk that a package is outdated 1 or 2 days later).

It is *NOT ACCEPTABLE* to force full downloads *EVERY TIME* if we can provide current packages from a local repository.

Not everybody has a gigabit connection to the download server. It is hard enough to do the job on-site if HP's infrastructure is down (like last week when I wanted to install IRS - luckily I could do other work).

Please, Please, Please:
educate your programmers or project managers that forcing us/our customers to do needless downloads is NOT the right way!
Andrew Claiborne
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

We hear you on this issue.

We are developing a solution similar to what Uwe describes -- where the packages are bundled with RSP and are only downloaded at install time if they are not current.

We hope to release this solution soon via software.hp.com, after verifying that it works as expected at a few live customer sites.

Best Regards,
-Andy
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Also could You tell me why do I get RSP etc versions A05.16 from rsswm in brand new SIM 5.3 install ??

And no version A05.20.xx no matter what I try.

It only complains that you have to use version A05.30 to upgrade from A05.16 !! Where do I get that ?
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Alexander A
Valued Contributor

You can take the installation files from a previous installations, from %program files%\hp\installers. I've created a package with the largest files, installation time from >2hours to about 30 min.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> We hear you on this issue.

I had to upgrade a HPSIM 5.2 installation and what looked like the begin of an IRSS setup (somebody else did the initial setup last year), but I've noticed it a bit late. There were some installation errors so I selected uninstall.

After some reboots the IRS was gone and I've started the latest IRSA kit I downloaded a few days ago. Everything installed fine this time, the installation was quick and at the end of it I could successfully enable a server for a basic warranty check.

Good job this time!
I hope you can keep this level.