New Discussion

Re: HP proliant Microserver G7 N54L

SOLVED
Go to solution
Omni-Kevin
Occasional Advisor

HP proliant Microserver G7 N54L

Good day,

I have been trying to install HPE insight management agent for my HP Proliant Microserver G7 N54L, but to no avail. SNMP service installed, but when trying to install the iOL management controller driver for windows it comes up with the following error:

"The software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesn't apply to this system."

I've tried installing older versions of iOL but all of them throw out the same error.

So I would like to know if it is possible to install HP insight managment agent on this server ?

If it is, would anyone be so kind as to provide me with the link of instuctions that I can follow which would work on my server?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

6 REPLIES 6
Omni-Kevin
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Good day

So it turns out that the server does not have a iOL card installed, no wonder I wasn't getting anywhere...(Silly mistake)

Hope this is useful to anyone else out there making the same mistake in not checking  your server components.

Kind Regards.

Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Hi Omni-Kevin,

I would suggest to check if you installed HPE MicroServer Remote Access Card Kit (615095-B21) for remote management.

Refer Server Quick specs for more information

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04111079.pdf

HP MicroServer Remote Access CardUser Manual
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c02948881

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Omni-Kevin
Occasional Advisor

Hi Sebasbin

Thank you for your reply.

I will have to purchase this card to install, since my server does not have it installed currently. Also tried finding some resellers for the card but it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

I will have to make due without system management for the time being. Looking to do a server upgrade in the near future.

kat3499
Regular Visitor

so sir basically this is an hardware problem ?? and we don't need to like reset our server conosle??? or something like that???

Omni-Kevin
Occasional Advisor

Hi Kat3499

It all depends on whether or not you have the remote access card installed on your server.

An alternative to HPE insight manager is HPE System Management Homepage(SMH), in case you still require some level of system managment.

Hope this helps.

webdevelopment1

ok, this problem is solved..Thank you....Website development company