New Discussion

HPE Insight Online and IRS Automated Case Creation workflow questions

SOLVED
Go to solution
cqcmbr
Occasional Contributor

HPE Insight Online and IRS Automated Case Creation workflow questions

Hello,

I would like understand the process of automated case creation a little better.

The device, a DL server with IO with Direct Connect for example, experiences a Smart Storage Battery failure, and as far as I understand it, this happens:

1---A service event is opened, the user and the preffered and service partner can see the service event in their HPE Support Central pages

2---A case is opened automatically by HPE after doing analysis of the issue (how long does it take on average?), and the case is then `offered` to get resolved by the clients chosen preffered service partner

3---The service partner receives the case in their CSN webpage and takes the neccesary action to resolve the issue.

>>>>>>>Or when the service event is opened, does the preffered service partner is required to react accordingly and open a CASE without waiting for HPE to create case by them?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
toddg1
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: HPE Insight Online and IRS Automated Case Creation workflow questions

Your assumptions about what should happen are almost correct.  There is an intermediate step, however.  The device with a failure is validated to be either under Warranty or having some sort of extended contract coverage.  If neither of these are true, no case is created.

But - I would expect you should see the closed case in the portal.

It doesn't take long for someone to reach out if a case is created - certainly less than 24 hours (during normal business times).

If you believe the device is covered, either by Warranty and/or a contract covering hardware failures - and you didn't get a case created - unfortunately - we need to ask that you open a call with HPE Support team to understand and help you troubleshoot the issue.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo