4854 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPSim install of Remote support client install aborted error

Karen A Harte
Frequent Advisor

HPSim install of Remote support client install aborted error

Hi ,

Has anybody had the problem whereby the Remote Support Client A.05.00.033 does not install properly through SWM in HPSim 5.1 with the above error. I read in the documentation that there is a bug which means this error can appear even though the Remote Support client is installed properly but it is definitely not getting installed - All other packages are installing fine through SWM.
Does this package install from the services-isee.americas.hp.com location or from isee-updates.americas.hp.com as I can't get a connection to services-isee.americas.hp.com and am wondering if this is why this package isn't downloading ?

Karen
4 REPLIES 4
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Hi Karen,

the packages are installed using the connecton to isee-updates.americas.hp.com. Can you check the following as per mentioned in the attached document.

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Karen A Harte
Frequent Advisor

HI Sanjay,

Thanks for this reply - been very busy so am only just getting round to looking at it .

I edited the /etc.hosts file
One thing I am not sure about is whether the DnsPriority Registry setting is decimal or hexadecimal so I haven't added them. If you could tell me which it is then I can carry on .
All the connectivity tests worked.
I have attached the only log file I found as I removed the Remote support client.

Another thing - if there are problems with the remote support client would it be OK to just install the ISEE client 3.95 on to the HPSim server ?

Many Thanks,

Karen Harte
Maurice Skubski_1
Valued Contributor

if you use RSP you can not install the normal ISEE Client as RSP uses Parts of this client and they will conflict. in this case you have to deinstall RSP and Install ISEE + OSEM. regards maurice
Karen A Harte
Frequent Advisor

Hi Maurice, thanks for that.
I actually managed to install the RSP by running the ISEEClient.msi package which was copied over but now when I try to start the configuration under options in HPSim I get the message that Cookies appear to be turned off and they need to be enabled . I have checked and set the options to allow cookies and set the securily level to be low but still this message is appearing. It is Internet explorer 6.0 Have you seen this before ?