Insight Remote Support
1748244 Members
3785 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How do you tell if Predictive is Enable/Disabled? Install ISEE and want to verify status.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jack C. Mahaffey
Super Advisor

How do you tell if Predictive is Enable/Disabled? Install ISEE and want to verify status.

How do you verify that Predictive Support is disabled. Installation documentation for ISEE indicates that it will be disabled. How can I verify and manually disable if necessary.

Thanks ...
jack...
5 REPLIES 5
Tammy Liang
Regular Advisor
Solution

Re: How do you tell if Predictive is Enable/Disabled? Install ISEE and want to verify status.

run following command to check if Predictive is installed.
# swlist -l product | grep -i predictive
or check if /opt/pred exists. Predictive software is reside at /opt/pred directory.

Check if process psmond is running or not.
If it is running, then Predictive is not disabled.
You can disable it via command below
# /sbin/init.d/predictive stop
take easy, enjoy life
Kent Ostby
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you tell if Predictive is Enable/Disabled? Install ISEE and want to verify status.

There should be an entry in the swagent log related to disabling predictive.

Best regards,

Kent M. Ostby
"Well, actually, she is a rocket scientist" -- Steve Martin in "Roxanne"
Kent Ostby
Honored Contributor

Just FYI, there message will be something like:

WARNING: The Predictive product is installed. Predictive will be disabled by . This system's events will NOT be monitored until ISEE is configured.

"Well, actually, she is a rocket scientist" -- Steve Martin in "Roxanne"
Jack C. Mahaffey
Super Advisor

I just wanted a warm fuzzy that it was acutally disabled. Checking for psmond is good enough for me. I didn't know if there was an application to run to check the setting.

Thanks...
LisaW
Valued Contributor

Jack,

During the ISEE installation Predictive is disabled in the startup file by design.

To check, cd /etc/rc.config.d and then do a more on Predictive.
You will see either....
0 = disabled
1 = enabled

It should show disabled once ISEE has been installed. That way Predictive no longer launches with a reboot as it will if you simple stop the process.

Hope this helps,
Lisa Williams