Insight Remote Support
1752468 Members
6637 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to add a system for Remote Support?

Mitchum
Advisor

How to add a system for Remote Support?

Hi all,

I'm running Insight Manager 5.3 with RSP 5.20.
Contract and warranty collection works as expected.
For a given system, I want to add it for Remote Support but the system doesn't appear to be elligible for that. I added contact and site details on top of contract & warranty info received automatically but there is no change. Do I need to specify manually the Entitlement ID, Obligation ID, Custom Delivery ID?
Do you have an idea of what I'm missing?

Thank you beforehand for your precious help.
Regards,
6 REPLIES 6
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor

Mitchum,

If the server is in fact supported, then the most probable issue is that HP SIM did not obtain enough descriptive information about the server during the initial discovery and identify process. Look at the server's system properties. Are there strange anomalies, e.g., the Operating system description or Hardware description is inaccurate or incomplete?

Frequently, simply doing a second HP SIM Identify will correct the issue. Make sure the "Prevent the Discovery, Identification and Data Collection processes from changing these system properties" check box on the system properties page is unchecked before running the identify task in HP SIM.

If this does not fix the problem then you must resolve the issue that prevents whatever management protocol (e.g., WBEM, SNMP) HP SIM uses to identify the server from providing a complete description.

Take care,
frank
All knowing is doing.
Mitchum
Advisor

Hi Frank,

Many thanks for your answers.
I did try everything without success unfortunatly.
Just a stupid question, is WEBEM mandatory for remote support?

Thanking you.
Regards,
Mitchum
Mitchum
Advisor

I thought about WEBES and not WEBEM.
Sorry for the mistype.

Regards,
Mitchum
Mitchum
Advisor

Hello,

One thing that I want to be sure also is if I'm supposed to see all systems in the 'Entitlement' tab of the 'Remote Support Configuration and Services'?
If I'm not mistaken, the list should show every systems, then you can proceed with the check of the potential eligibility of a particular system?
Actually, I don't have any systems present there.
I thought at a first that I had to have all the support contract info to have the system present in 'Remote Support System List' but I'm less sure right now.

I'm lost... If someone can help me, I'll be very grateful.
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor

Mitchum,

Please, take a look at the Remote Support Software Manager packages display to see if WEBES v5.6 and Remote Support Eligible Systems List A.05.20.27 packages have been installed. I suspect they are not.

WEBES must be installed, but it must now be installed manually to allow an upgrade to the PostgreSQL database. If these packages are not installed, install WEBES first then install the Remote Support Eligible Systems List.

You may have to re-identify your systems in HP SIM after the installation of these two packages, to force your eligible servers to appear on the Remote Systems List displayed on the Entitlement tab.

Take care,
frank

All knowing is doing.
Mitchum
Advisor

Hi Frank,

Actually 'Remote Support Eligible Systems List A.05.20.25' and 'WEBES 5.5' + 'WEBES 5.5 Patch 1.0' are installed.
So, I'm not in the last version of WEBES.
Does it means if WEBES is a mandatory component that the Remote Support Eligible systems and also enabled one are stored on the WEBES DB?
Coming back to the WEBES version, I have to find out in a first time how to solve the issue without having to upgrade (system validation/change management,... )

Many thanks for your help.
Regards,
Mitchum