Insight Remote Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Insight Remote Support to remote CIM server?

Bigbird_1
Advisor

How to connect Insight Remote Support to remote CIM server?

I currently have a 2008 R2 virtual server running CIM 6. Since Insight Remote support does not support R2 yet, I installed a separate 2008 x32 virtual server to house the remote support components. Is there a way to install them and connect it to my existing remote CIM server? (i.e. a command line switch or something)
3 REPLIES
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to connect Insight Remote Support to remote CIM server?

Hi Bigbird,

Proposal: Run your IRS Standard as it is until a (2008 R2) supported version will be released. Then you'll have all the Remote Support Information available in SIM. I suppose, that this will be the next version.

Regards, Werner
Bigbird_1
Advisor

So you are saying I should install IRS standard directly on my 2008 R2 CIM server? Will that give me warranty status information (this is really all i'm looking for).
Bigbird_1
Advisor

To clarify, all I'm really looking for is an adhoc ability to run a report in CIM that displays whether HP servers are under warranty, and when the warranty expires. But it looks like this feature may only be available in the advanced version of the IRS software. If so, is there a way to run the advanced version and have it point to a remote CIM instance and therefore have the inventory populated with warranty information?