1753361 Members
5708 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to get VA7100 events without ISEE

NMCI Group
Advisor

How to get VA7100 events without ISEE

Does anyone know how to get hardware events from a VA7100 array without ISEE? I currently have several of these arrays reporting to ISEE and I'm trying to figure out how to get notification of failed hardware from them after ISEE goes away. I know the disk_em monitor in EMS does not support the VA7100 array's and I have been told that SIM/RSP does not support them either. How am I supposed to know when a drive fails in one of these short of running armdsp every day and counting the number of disks present?
3 REPLIES 3
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hello,
the RemoteMonitor is the EMS monitor responsible to report VA events - see http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/diag/ems/emd_rem.htm. You need to enter the EMS_HOST in the /opt/sanmgr/commandview/server/config/PanConfigParams.txt to get the events reported.
Frauke

NMCI Group
Advisor

I do have the remotemonitor configured and if I send a test event to remotemonitor it does show up in the /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log but I don't see it on the CMS. Do I need to do something else to configure SIM to watch for RemoteMonitor alerts?
NMCI Group
Advisor

Does anyone else have any input on this? I am still not able to figure anything out. I have been able to get to the point where I get a test event to show up when I look at "evweb eventviewer -L" but it still does not go through to SIM and when I generate a real event by failing a disk it does not show up anywhere other than the EMS event.log and ISEE.