1752513 Members
4969 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to get VA7100 events without ISEE

NMCI Group
Advisor

How to get VA7100 events without ISEE

Does anyone know how to get hardware events from a VA7100 array without ISEE? I currently have several of these arrays reporting to ISEE and I'm trying to figure out how to get notification of failed hardware from them after ISEE goes away. I know the disk_em monitor in EMS does not support the VA7100 array's and I have been told that SIM/RSP does not support them either. How am I supposed to know when a drive fails in one of these short of running armdsp every day and counting the number of disks present?
3 REPLIES 3
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How to get VA7100 events without ISEE

Hello,
the RemoteMonitor is the EMS monitor responsible to report VA events - see http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/diag/ems/emd_rem.htm. You need to enter the EMS_HOST in the /opt/sanmgr/commandview/server/config/PanConfigParams.txt to get the events reported.
Frauke

NMCI Group
Advisor

I do have the remotemonitor configured and if I send a test event to remotemonitor it does show up in the /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log but I don't see it on the CMS. Do I need to do something else to configure SIM to watch for RemoteMonitor alerts?
NMCI Group
Advisor

Does anyone else have any input on this? I am still not able to figure anything out. I have been able to get to the point where I get a test event to show up when I look at "evweb eventviewer -L" but it still does not go through to SIM and when I generate a real event by failing a disk it does not show up anywhere other than the EMS event.log and ISEE.