cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hp Integrated Xenserver v5 and Insight Remote Support Standard

grainadmin
Occasional Advisor

Hp Integrated Xenserver v5 and Insight Remote Support Standard

Hello all: can anyone confirm that RSS supports Proliants running with HP Integrated Xenserver 5?
4 REPLIES
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Re: Hp Integrated Xenserver v5 and Insight Remote Support Standard

I don't think so as RSP and IRS are not supported under VMs and that falls in that category. My advice for this is to complain to HP, and complain LOUDLY.

grainadmin
Occasional Advisor

Sorry I should have been more clear in that can Insight RSS monitor HP Integrated Xenserver Proliant servers? I will have RSS itself running on real hardware.
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Ah sorry for the misunderstanding. That's a good question. I'm not familiar with Integrated Xenserver but looked and found this:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01399733/c01399733.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

At page 2 it mentions that "To provide active hardware management using HP Systems Insight Manager (SIM), HP SIM Agents are installed along with integrated Citrix XenServer." which is a good first step, but there is no indication in the RSP 5.20 prerequisites guide that Xen is officially supported, while it does mention ESXi.

My guess is that it might work but I can't confirm it. If you're lucky, your Proliant will be seen as a standard Linux server, in which case you should be fine. But if you're looking for a confirmation prior to a purchase, I suggest you ask your HP rep to get an official statement.
grainadmin
Occasional Advisor

Just to let folks know that this seems to be working ok. We are waiting (?) for our first hardware failure to see the software in action.