New Discussion юеВ

Re: HpSim 5.3 : productID mass update

SOLVED
Go to solution
sengsouvanh
Advisor

HpSim 5.3 : productID mass update

Hi,
could it be possible to update the productID for SN server with only 10 digits directly in the database ?
I modified in MSQSQL on table deviceinfoex, it is correct in the R_inventory view but on HPSIM web, it does not show my update...
Do I miss another table update ?
4 REPLIES 4
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Hi,
Mass update could be done in the following way: Select all devices or a group of devices. Select "Properties" - "System Properties.." - "Set System Properties". Select the device group, for example. Now you can add the information, which should be modified for all of these devices.
sengsouvanh
Advisor

hi,
I agree if I want to set the same value for several nodes.
What I want to do is to update the productID( witch is different for each node) in order to activate the warranty.
Brad Cunningham
Trusted Contributor
Solution

There is a tool called batchupload that is installed with the Remote Support Pack plug-in that allows you to update the information such as product ID for your entire environment.

This tool is outlined in the Remote Support Pack Registrations, Configuration and Usage Guide Section B. This can be found at:
http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-6212/5992-6212.pdf

Many details listed in the system properties page can be updated using this tool. Entitlement, Address, Contact information can also be updated.

Regards
brad

sengsouvanh
Advisor

perfect, it is exactly what I need !!!