3996 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IBM Advanced Management Module monitoring with IRS 7.6

JNash
Occasional Advisor

IBM Advanced Management Module monitoring with IRS 7.6

Hi,

I've set a IBM AMM to send SNMP traps to my IRS server. The AMM is discovered, registed and has a valid contract.

I know that there are critical H/W problems in that AMM. But there's never a service event. I've sent a test trap and it went OK. So, no connectivity problems.

I've collected trap packets with wireshark and I can see that the traps related to the known problems are received in the IRS Server. But, for some reason, are disclosed.

Why is it so? I have some AMM MIBS. Can it be somehow imported to IRS?

2 REPLIES 2
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Re: IBM Advanced Management Module monitoring with IRS 7.6

Hi,

IRS cannot recieve traps from external monitoring applications, also we cannot import the SNMP MIB's in IRS.

IRS v7.6 onwards can send out SNMP traps to external applications such as IBM's AMM, etc. 

-Sanjay

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

JNash
Occasional Advisor

Re: IBM Advanced Management Module monitoring with IRS 7.6

Hi Sanjay,

AMM is not an external monitoring application.

It's the same as the Onboard Administrator in HP. 

And is a supported device also. You can see in the "Monitored Devices Configuration Guide" how to configure it to be monitored by IRS.

According to the tests I've described it's apparently well configured. The trap is sent and received by IRS's host. Somehow it's not processed.

According to my experience on IBM's on IRS, HP should remove IBM from the supported devices in IRS. So far I've manage to monitor zero IBM devices.