3618 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IRS 5.5 Install stuck at Auto-installs box

Mossman (Richard)
Occasional Contributor

IRS 5.5 Install stuck at Auto-installs box

Hi

I am about to install IRS on a customer site and tried to install it in our environment first to check for procedural changes for 5.50.

Everything looked to be going OK until I hit the box for credentials to allow auto installs to run. The install guide shows no examples of what is required in the boxes so I used the name of our domain (tried in both forms) and my usual account which has administrator priveleges. However, clicking on the 'next button', I get a little flury of action from a CMD box then a message box proclaiming:

"Unable to install service necessary to manage products that require administrative credentials for future updates. This installation may have problems managing these updates. Contact your support representative for more information. Util.SetContextSvcCredentials:c:\Program files\HP\Installers\SWM-SIM\itm_swm_create.bat returned non-zero exit code: c:\Program files\HP\Installers\SWM-SIM\itm_swm_create.bat"

(Screenshot attached)

There doesn't appear to be much in the troubleshooting guide and google doesn't find a great deal on searching for some of the keywords/phrases so I wondered if this is a new issue or as a result of something odd in my environment?

Are you able to shed any light on the problem, how to resolve it and how to stop it happening in the first place?

Hosting device is running Win2K8 Server SP2, x86. 4GB RAM .net3.5 installed. IE 8 used.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Richard Moss
9 REPLIES 9
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Youn need an account with local administrator's rights for this operation.
Regards,Werner
Mossman (Richard)
Occasional Contributor

As far as I am aware, I have administrator rights. Could there be any other reason?

Cheers

Richard
Edvard Hofmann

Did you solve this problem Richard?
Keynes Lee
Regular Advisor

I got the same problem now.

Did anyone resolve this issue?
Mossman (Richard)
Occasional Contributor

Hi

The problem was resolved in the end by having the local machine Administrators account added to the user account I was using. It then worked so it does appear to have been privileges but I don't have access to accounts and privileges so don't know what made the difference.

Best regards

Richard
Keynes Lee
Regular Advisor

My case resolved too.

That's caused the too-long hostname
The IRS can recognize hostname within 15 letters only.
Mr Ross Wesley Igglesde
Occasional Advisor

Hi Richard,

Not sure what you mean by: having the local machine Administrators account added to the user account I was using.  I am using an Administrator account on the Domain.  I have having the same issues as you both were.

With regards,

Ross

Mauricio Velasco_1

Hi Ross,

I'm having the same scenario here and I'm also using an account  domain with the Administrators privilege. DId you manage to solve your problem?

Regards,

Mauricio Velasco. 

ICT Backoffice
Advisor

I  had the same problem while installing HP Remote Support Software 5.70. HP analyzed the logs and said there was problem with .NET.

I removed .NET 3.5 and installed it again. Then I was able to install HP Remote Support Software and fill in the credentials without the strange error message.

After that I let Windows Update install all the .NET 3.5 updates.