New Discussion

Re: IRS 7.0.8 : vm on the Windows 2012 R2

SOLVED
Go to solution
gchiappini
Advisor

IRS 7.0.8 : vm on the Windows 2012 R2

Hi gents,

Can I install IRS 7.0.8 on a vm ( windows 2012 std ) that resides on a Proliant server with Windows 2012 R2?
Many thanks
regards
Gianluca

4 REPLIES 4
toddg1
HPE Pro
Solution

I assume you're asking about using the Hyper-V capability of Windows to host the guest you want to run?

If so, then the 7.0.8 release doesn't support Hyper-V as a hypervisor.  However, the 7.0.9 release which just came out last week DOES support Hyper-V hosted guests, as long as the operating system running in the guest is supported.

Did this answer your question?

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
gchiappini
Advisor

Hi toddg1,

thanks for you answer ... yes I would run the Hyper-V capability of Windows to host the guest.

Great news with the IRS7.0.9 I can use the hyper-V Win to host the guest vm machine.

Infact I have this environment :  host server with windows r2 and vm with windows 2012 std.

Thanks for your answer

Regards

Gianluca

@toddg1 wrote:

I assume you're asking about using the Hyper-V capability of Windows to host the guest you want to run?

If so, then the 7.0.8 release doesn't support Hyper-V as a hypervisor.  However, the 7.0.9 release which just came out last week DOES support Hyper-V hosted guests, as long as the operating system running in the guest is supported.

@toddg1 wrote:

@toddg1 wrote:

NasaDave
Advisor

The software will install on a Hyper-V guest.

But the question is, will it allow you to register with HP?

From many people's past experiences, it fails with an Error.

Help bring support for Remote Insight to run on Hyper-V

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/General/Feature-Request-Support-RS-running-on-Hyper-V/td-p/6426218

toddg1
HPE Pro

NasaDave,

WIth the 7.0.9 release, running in a Hyper-V provided guest - the installation will register with HP.   As long as the version of windows running in the guest is a supported version - this works fine now.

It will not work with any previous release of the product.

Note, as with VMWare provided guests, the "guest" will not show as eligible, but it will be registered with the HP DataCenter - this is expected.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo