1752810 Members
6095 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

IRS 7.05 upgrade from prevíous version does not retaing contract information

Miika T
Valued Contributor

IRS 7.05 upgrade from prevíous version does not retaing contract information

The IRS 7.05 upgrade from IRSS 5.70 does not pull the user entered Carepack/Contract information to the new release. Is there any way to get this information migration automated, as if this the same issue with IRSA it will definetely be a show stopper when planning the migration - mainly due to amount of time & effort to gather existing information and entering it manually to new release.

-Miika

3 REPLIES 3
AndyC
Advisor

Re: IRS 7.05 upgrade from prevíous version does not retaing contract information

@Miika T wrote:

The IRS 7.05 upgrade from IRSS 5.70 does not pull the user entered Carepack/Contract information to the new release. Is there any way to get this information migration automated, as if this the same issue with IRSA it will definetely be a show stopper when planning the migration - mainly due to amount of time & effort to gather existing information and entering it manually to new release.

-Miika

Hi Miika,

The upgrade should migrate the entitlement type and entitlement id (Carepack, SAID, etc.) for all devices. 

We have seen the upgrade fail to migrate some values if they have been entered in the 5.7 UI, but have not flowed through to all subcomponents of 5.7 yet (specifically, if the WEBES subcomponent does not know about these values yet). 

Submitting a test event pushes configuration values to all subcomponents of 5.7.  So, submitting a test event from your 5.7 devices before upgrading should guarantee that all of your info gets migrated to 7.0.5.

If you are seeing values not being migrated, even for systems that have sent a service event since the values were entered, then please post back to this thread.

Best Regards,

-Andy 

I am an HP employee.
Miika T
Valued Contributor

Re: IRS 7.05 upgrade from prevíous version does not retaing contract information

Andy,

with controlled release of 7.05 I encountered a situation where I had just a handfull of devices, like C7000/DL380 G7/EVA4400/MSL tape lbr/SAN switches, and atleast the EVA had recently had service events, also the IRSS GUI and WEBES gui did display the contract info. After IRS 7.05 upgrade none of the devices did get the contract information, and no errors were seen during the upgrade.

-Miika

AndyC
Advisor

Hi Miika,

If this isn't working as expected, then please do file a support case (http://www.hp.com/go/rstechsupport). 

The support process will elevate this issue up to the development labs so we can take a closer look at this problem.

Thanks,

-Andy

I am an HP employee.