5866 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IRS - Software update sheet has in "Package Update in progress" state

Kuju72
Occasional Visitor

IRS - Software update sheet has in "Package Update in progress" state

Hi,

what can I do with IRS that I would like to update, but in Software Updates shows "Package Update In Progress" state and nothing else, so I┬┤m not able to update it.

Services has been restarted, also server has been restarted. It didnt help.

Its been in this state attleast one week now.

IRS version is 7.7.0.0019

- Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
toddg1
HPE Pro

At this time, your best answer is going to be to contact support.  This problem has been seen one or two times, but we don't yet have a root cause or a workaround that we can communicate to users.  Support should be able to assist you.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

Hi,

I hope the download is not being belocked by the proxy or frewall, the logs should eb able to provide the informtion on the errors. Alternatively you can upgrade directly using the IRS v7.8 kit, download the kit seperately from https://h20392.www2.hpe.com/ecommerce/efulfillment/getReceipt.do?lc=EN_US and run the exe file on the IRS server for a seemless upgrade. Do take appropraite backup as per listed in the IRS Upgrade guide.

Refer page 9 of http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00023074en_us

Cheers,

Sanjay

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Kuju72
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Sanjay,

Installing, or updating, it using downloaded package worked....for updating it to version 7.8.x, but it didnt remove that issue

Software update sheet has in "Package Update in progress" state

toddg1
HPE Pro

That is what I would have expected - using the download would get you updated, but not clear the issue.

That will take a call to support, as they have to manually fix something on your system.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo