1753511 Members
5007 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

IRS and OneView

David J. Nelson
Advisor

IRS and OneView

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but here goes...

Our current environment uses HP SIM and HP IRS is installed and my iLOs can use it for remote support.  I downloaded the 60-day eval of OneView and I tried to point one of my iLOs to it for Remote Support Registration.  It comes back and says it can't register.  Does OneView not provide remote support capability?

3 REPLIES 3
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: IRS and OneView

At this time, OneView doesn't provide a Remote Support interface.   You can use the Insight Remote Support tool - version 7.X supports the Gen8/Gen9 devices, or you could use the DirectConnect to connect directly to HP to get these

devices monitored.

Which choice you make depends on your environment, how many devices you want to monitor - whether you have other

deviecs (non-Gen8/9) that you also need support for.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
David J. Nelson
Advisor

Do you know if there are plans on the roadmap to incorporate that functionality into OneView?

toddg1
HPE Pro

Sorry - I can't comment here on roadmaps or directions.  I can tell you that it is being investigated.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo