5040 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IRS proxy authentication fails with IRS 7.8

stokolan
Occasional Contributor

IRS proxy authentication fails with IRS 7.8

Hello,

maybe somebody else encountered the same issue and solved it.

I tried upgrading IRS from 7.7 to 7.8 (7.8.0.20) on the 2 different ways:

• Administrator Settings and SW Update
  • Downloading from HPE SW Depot and installing it on the server.

I'm using a proxy authentication which works fine in 7.7, but in both upgrade scenarios IRS isn't able to authenticate after upgrading it to 7.8. In the log I can find: Test Connection failed: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication RequiredтАЭ

After the upgrade the proxy information is still present, but a test of the connection fails and results in the error. When entering the - I checked several times - authentication data (tried different user/pw), it results in the error.

I tried bypassing the proxy with a local proxy and it worked.

From my basic understanding it seems, that in some way IRS is not using the entered password for the authentication.

I already have a case open with HPE, which resulted in trying to disable UAC and DEP before attempting to upgrade, but it came to the same result.

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
wc2
Occasional Visitor

Re: IRS proxy authentication fails with IRS 7.8

Did you get this issue resolved? My IRS has also stopped working with the same error "HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication RequiredтАЭ But can connect via a browser. I have had numerous conversations with support and they are unable to fix

stokolan
Occasional Contributor

Re: IRS proxy authentication fails with IRS 7.8

It's been a while, but for me following modification fixed the problem:

In file C:\Program Files\HP\RS\jre\lib\net.properties:

Comment or delete this line:
jdk.http.auth.tunneling.disabledSchemes=Basic