Insight Remote Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRSA and Blade c7000 (VC switches)

IRSA and Blade c7000 (VC switches)

Hello !

I have a question about HP Blade c7000 containing VC Enet switches. The thing is that we recently installed HPSIM 6.2 together with IRSA 5.50. Everything went smoothly and no problem so far.
But there is one strange thing about the VC Ethernet switches in the blade chassis. In HPSIM everything looks just fine with the chassi, OA, VC SAN switches, VC enet switches, blades, iLOs etc showing up just fine.
But when looking in IRSA (Option->Remote Support Configuration and Services) on the entitlement tab, we don't see the Enet switches. The chassis, OA, VC SAN etc does show up, though.
We have also entered site, contact and contract information in the system properties for the switches but still no luck.

Have anyone ever come across this issue?

We have two different VC ethernet switches and they are discovered this way in HPSIM:

Type: Switch
SubType: HP BladeSystem c-Class
Product ID: 455880-B21
Product Model: HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module

Type: Switch
SubType: HP BladeSystem c-Class
Product ID: 399593-B22
Product Model: HP 1/10Gb VC-Enet Module

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Mikael Hildingsson
6 REPLIES
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

Re: IRSA and Blade c7000 (VC switches)

Mikael,

If I had to guess I would say that the switches are not passing the business logic rule set as the Product ID/Serial number will not pass a Contract and Warranty Data Collection. What I usually do is, for whatever "pieces" of an enclosure that dont pass C&W, I enter the PID/SN combination of the Enclosure in the "customer entered" fields and voila! They are there and everything works correctly. This is the work around I use.

Good luck!

Hello !

Thanks for your answer!

I tried your suggestion, but they still doesn't show up in IRSA.
I also heard a few days ago, that we don't support Procurve switches in IRSA.

Will try to look into this.

/Mikael
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

Mikael,

Procurve switches are not currently supported in IRSA version 5.50, they are supported in 5.60 which will be released in April.

As far as the VC switches, do you have SNMP enabled on the enclosure? This may be what is preventing proper discovery and identity.

Thanks,
Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

Mikael,

Follow up here, page 110 of the attached document might help you.

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02474021/c02474021.pdf

Good Luck!

Mike

Hello Michael !

Yes, SNMP is enabled and when discovering the switches in HPSIM, I get this verified.
So, I think we'll have to wait until April then...

By the way, page 110 is empty. Maybe you mean page 111 and onwards. But that chapter is about SAN (FC) switches and tape libraries.

Best regards
Mikael
Micke_Ch_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi!

I will try to check this tommorrow. I will go to custs place check in theres IRSA Entitlement.

But it is that Wyant is said. The Business Logic Rule is the "translator" if the device will show up in IRS or not.

It must be identifyd correctly.

Best Regards
/Micke Ch