New Discussion

IRSS not showing devices in "Systems" view

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fran Garcia
Frequent Advisor

IRSS not showing devices in "Systems" view

Hi all,

I'm installing IRSS release A.05.50, and apparently went through without issues. I added some devices (localhost, etc) and everything was fine until all the devices are not listed in the "Systems" view and thus I cannot change any preferences or remove them.

I've reviewed event viewer and the usual Windows settings and everything looks fine. Any ideas to proceed with troubleshooting?

Attached a couple of screenshots ...

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: IRSS not showing devices in "Systems" view

It looks like you lost connectivity to the database.

IRSS is storing the information inside a database. If you can not connect to database after a restart of the services

you will get such an error.  You can verify this by using the SEA System Event Analyser interface.

https:://your_irss_server:7906 Your browser should support  java applets / java scripts. 

If you can see the devices you entered under the icon managed entities( Symbol looks like a little book) second or third icon in the right hand group, it could be an other error. E.g.. SMH was updated after IRSS installation and configuration. or php code problems or firewall changes.

You should also know that IRSS is supported by HP, if your monitored devices are under HP warranty or service contract. The procedure is  very simple for the IRSS/IRSA support. Open a HW case at HP (by phone or HP Service Center ex. ITRC)  with the remark insight remote support and ask for a ftp site where you can place the ZIP file from the desta sysinfo command. HP Support gets  all the relevant logs with the ZIP and is able to help you to solve the problem. 

Fran Garcia
Frequent Advisor

Hey BPE, thanks for the answer.

Apparently there were some weird characters (spaces, or something) int he hostnames for the configured devices and that made the "Systems" view explode :-) .

I went to the SEA (http://localhost:7906/), deleted the systems and re-added. Now everything appearing fine in the Systems view :-)

However I'm getting a "The current credentials associated with the 'Command View' login were rejected by the command view server, please validate the credentials for this device and try again. Information from the calling program: ERR:0B-00003 (CVCLIENT) Insufficient privileges to perform this action" error for the SAN Collection column, which is weird because the Monitoring column is green and I've triple-checked the credetials (used 2 test users, both members of the "HP Storage Admins" and "HP Storage Users"), but no luck...

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Take care that the user for the  commandView  access is in the  HP Storage Admin group.

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry forgotten to take a look to the picture. If the collection Icon is red this means that the configuration collection is not yet done. You can force a configuration collection by running the InsightRSDataCollectionCheck in the InstallationAdvisor folder. This is a subfolder of the HP\svctools folder.

Take care the update of the icon status is done by default once a week.

Fran Garcia
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Right... I managed to fix the issue!

My EVA had this arrayname "PROD_EVA "  (note the underscore and the trailing space); apparently this caused a heart attack to the IRSS and nothing worked. I removed all those funny chars in the arrayname and things started ticking!

:smileyvery-happy: