5481 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ISEE 3.9 client failing entitlement

Andrew_4
Honored Contributor

ISEE 3.9 client failing entitlement

Hi guys,

I've got a really strange problem... when I install the latest ISEE 3.9 client using the non-customised installation method (ie, all the customer fields have to be entered manually for each host), the entitlement process works fine...

(entitlement input boxes are shown in the configuration windows, etc)

However, one of the NEW features of 3.9 is the ability to customise the SD depot, with the creation of a 'response' file, which answers all the questions you'd normally have to answer manually. This existed in 3.5, but 3.9 includes the ability to include a "entitlement file' which lists all the hostnames, and support handle/SAID/contract id, etc.

So... when I create this customised depot, with entitlement file... everything works... the fields are all filed out... except the 'entitlement fields' are NOT there...

I don't understand why communications back to HP would work with an un-customised depot, but doesn't with a customised depot. It's quite strange... I've attached a screen shot which kinda shows the problem.

Hope someone might have seen this, or escalated to HP. I've got a call in with them, but they're not being much help!

Regards,

Andrew
The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972: "The number of Unix installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
10 REPLIES 10
Pravin Salgaonkar
Frequent Advisor

the entitlement page appears after u submit the information and the your computer information does not apppear as it seems that u r configurations has some problem or it is taking time to load wait for some time ans see if the page appears.u r information is not submitted properly
try it again have u recieved the mail regarding the confirmation of the installation

Regards
Pravin S
Andrew_4
Honored Contributor

I guess the whole idea of idea of the 'response' file creation, and entitlement file is so that ISEE installations can be comletely unattended... so having to 'submit' the information that has been provided through the response file would then be useless!

Regardless though, after 'submitting' the information (that was inserted via the response file), the entitlement section still doesn't come up. I have no idea why the 'computer information' area is blank, perhaps it's related.
The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972: "The number of Unix installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Before I can help you, please provide the answers to:
1. What kind of Proxy do you have? Do you need ProxyUser and ProxyPassword?
2. Do you have the Entilement correctly defined? It's appended to the end of your response file. Make sure the format is correct.
3. After the installation, logon to the ISEE GUI, do you see the Entitlement field (with no Entitlement filled in)?
4. If you don't see the Entitlement field, go down to Proxy and re-enter ProxyPass (or remove if you don't need one), then Submit. Do you see the Entitltment field now?

Regards,
Andrew_4
Honored Contributor

proxy authentication is not required as this site... and no, I don't see the entitlement fields! (but I do when I use an un-customised depot, with the entitlement file on the same machine).
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Please tell me what is your Proxy/Firewall? Also, go down to Proxy and just blank out Proxy Password fields, then Submit. Do you see the Entitltment field now?

You may want to send me your response file and mad.log during this installation.

Make sure to provide the information about your Proxy/Firewall, if this is Microsoft ISA, NTLM or IWA Proxy, this is very important, also try my recommend above.

Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Are you still interested in getting this problem solved? Please provide the information as in my last post.

Regards,
Andrew_4
Honored Contributor

Hi Liem,

There is no problem with the proxy/firewall -- as authentication works correctly when the ISEE agent is installed manually.

We have many _manually_ installed ISEE clients working through the same proxy & firewall, without a problem.

The passwords fields were entered blank during the response file creation.

I'm sure there _might_ be a way to get the entitlement to work NOW, but I need it to work straight from the installation, NOT with adjustments made post-installation (which would defeat the purpose of unattended installations!)

I'm escalating this case with HP.
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Andrew,

I do understand your problem, but I would need to know:
1. What kind of Proxy/Firewall are you using? Is this Microsoft ISA/NTLM by any chance?
2. When it's not working, logon to the ISEE GUI, you would see ******* in the Proxy Password fields, just remove the ******* and Submit once more, do you get the Entitlement?
3. Can you upload your response file and mad.log so I can take a look?

Regards,
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Andrew,

You should have been notified of the fix by now, but if you don't have it, let me know.

Regards,