New Discussion юеВ

ISEE & VA disk array conected to a Proliant DL380

SOLVED
Go to solution
Graham Land
Regular Advisor

ISEE & VA disk array conected to a Proliant DL380

HELP!

I've been told that it is possible to setup VA ISEE event monitoring software on a proliant even though the proliant isn't supported under ISEE yet.

I've received the power-point presentation on how to install VA event handler, but this assumes that you are installing it on a 'monitored client' which the proliant is not!

I also have the 'Getting Started with ISEE Standard Configuration' but again this doesn't cover my senario.

So, if anyone out there knows how to setup ISEE on a VA that is connected to a proliant DL380 running W2K SP3 please let me know.

Thank You,
Graham Land.
4 REPLIES 4
Frauke Denker_1
Solution

Re: ISEE & VA disk array conected to a Proliant DL380

Hello,
you can install the ISEE windows client on any windows 2000 system, but cannot monitor the system if it is not supported by ISEE. This means you will not recieve any events about HW defects from the DL380. By the way, with the next release of ISEE, Proliants will be supported.
This has nothing to do with the VA monitoring. You can install the CV SDM on the DL380 (by now only 1.05 and 1.06 is supported). Install ISEE and VAEH after that. With these three software components installed, the VA monitoring you work. To test this, remove a power supply (be sure you have redundant ps). This should cause an ISEE event. As the error detection for the VA works through a polling mechanism, it will take a while until the error is detected. Wait until this before correcting the error again.
Regards
Frauke
Graham Land
Regular Advisor

Hi Frauke,

Thank you for your help.
Do you know if CV_SDM 1.07 is supported with ISEE as this is what the customer is running ?

Regards,
Graham Land
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Graham,
CVSDM 1.07 is not supported by not, but it will be in the near future, but I guess not before the Franklin Release.
Regards
Frauke
Graham Land
Regular Advisor