7459 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ISEE and OVO - 2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Peter Cyprian

ISEE and OVO - 2

There was already mentioned in another thread with similar subject that: "There is no way to pass ISEE events to OVO..."
But as I know, OVO agent should be able to parse informations from any local log files.

We use ISEE to monitor EVA storage and it could be useful to pass ISEE incidents to OVO.
So my question is: Which ISEE logs could be checked by OVO agent and which informations to pick up from them?
3 REPLIES 3
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ISEE and OVO - 2

Hi Peter,

ISEE does not log events into log files, therefore, there is no place for OVO to pick up the events.

ISEE uses Motive database, that's why you see the process named MAD (Motive Application Daemon), or you hear about MAPs (Motive Application Program).

When MAD received the events from under layer applications, such as EMS for HP-UX, WEBES or OSEM for Windows, MAD would encrypt the package and send to the upstream Server (SPOP or HP Backend) which also has Motive process listening for incoming traffic from clients.

May be you can configure OVO to access the under layer application logs, such as Event log for Windows or EMS log for HP-UX?

Hope this helps,

Peter Cyprian

Thanks for hint.
I'm going to analyze Windows Application Event Log, especially events with source HSV (errors and warnings). Maybe this is a way, how to get to OVO what I want.
Peter Cyprian

We'll try a different way to pick up suspected events.