Re: ISEE and OVO

SOLVED
Go to solution
ABS_1
Regular Advisor

ISEE and OVO

Hi,

Has anyone done the following successfully:

"If you can't get access to the ISEE logs you could have the email notifications sent (or cc'd) to a proxy email account. You could then use a scheduled task policy to periodically scan the inbox with a POP3 client script. If the script received an email from ISEE it could generate an opcmsg."

We have ISEE installed and is monitoring HP servers running Windows. We would like to pass ISEE events to OVO. We can't install an OVO agent on the ISEE box as it is "owned' by HP. I also don't see any indication of ISEE being able to send out SNMP Traps. It seems like it can only send out emails. So, generating opcmsg's from these emails is the only option.

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

ISEE was designed to send hardware incidents to HP using http protocol, there is no way to configure ISEE to send to OVO.

ISEE by itself does not send email either.

What do you mean by: We can't install an OVO agent on the ISEE box as it is "owned' by HP? Are you talking about the SPOP?

Regards,
ABS_1
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Yes, sorry, I meant "can't install OVO Agent on SPOP." I'm still trying to understand the different components of ISEE/SPOP and what resides where. If you can give me a small overview, I would really appreciate it.
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hello ABS,

There is no way to pass ISEE events to OVO, however, you can pass OVO events to ISEE.

If you are interested in this product, please contact your ASC.

Here is some info about ISEE IOB (ISEE OpenView Operations Bridge):

This ISEE OpenView Operations Bridge is a plug-in to OpenView Operations (OVO). This allows the
OpenView management platform to use the ISEE remote support technology.

Hope this helps,