1752679 Members
5291 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ISEE and squid

Emiel van Kalken

ISEE and squid

hi there,

I was wondering whether more people have configured ISEE to access the internet through a proxy server. I do get the install of ISEE to work (the three default messages in ISEE), but I do get these errors in the mad.log :

190204 12:18:55.711 ERROR,[Comm] comm.cpp:989 NetworkException (10): Socket::rea
d(): recv() timeout [[128.1.50.250]]

190204 12:18:55.711 ERROR,[Comm] sendReceive FAILED
190204 12:18:55.712 ERROR,[Comm] NetworkException (10): Socket::read(): recv() t
imeout [[128.1.50.250]]

HP support told me it ws a problem in my proxy or firewall configuration. Our firewall is managed by a third party supplier, so I want to be sure whether my squid config needs special changes for ISEE to work before I contact our firewall maintainer.

I'm using squid version 2.4 STABLE 6 with authentication module smb_auth. I already disabled the authentication module to make sure it wasn't the problem. That didn't solve the problem.

thanks for your suggestions

Emiel
1 REPLY 1
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ISEE and squid

Hello Emiel,
some messages in the mad.log do not really mean that the transfer does not work. You said that you recieve the three installation incidents. If you recieve all of them the transfer usually works fine. Did you get the updated user interface containing the entitlement fields? If so the connection seams to work fine. Did you install ISEE on a HPUX system. If so, do "a /opt/resmon/bin/send_test_event disk_em". You should see a disk event 103 in the unser interface. The status of this case (click on the incident in the Client UI and you will see the status) should chance to close after a while. If this happens, everything works fine and you don´t need to worry about the messages logged in the mad.log.
If this does not work and you did not recieve the entitlement information, increase the loglevel of the mad or do a trace.
To increasing the loglevel (for all OS):
- /sbin/init.d/hpservices stop
- vi opt/hpservices/etc/motprefs
- in the sction "GlobalSettings" enter "LOG_LEVEL=5"
- /sbin/init.d/hpservices start
-start a transfer with /opt/hpservices/RemoteSupport/bin/iseeHello.sh
- check /var/opt/hpservices/log/mad.log

Don´t forget to remove the entry again an restart the mad.

To trace the system, do the folloing (HPUX only):
-start tracing: /usr/sbin/nettl -tn pduin pduout -tm 10000 -e ns_ls_ip -f /tmp/trace
- start transfer: /opt/hpservices/RemoteSupport/bin/iseeConnectivityTest.sh
- stop tracing:
/usr/sbin/nettl -tf -e all
- format the logfile:
> /usr/sbin/netfmt -c filter -N -l -f /tmp/trace.TRC0 >/tmp/trace.txt0

and if exists:
#> /usr/sbin/netfmt -c filter -N -l -f /tmp/trace.TRC1 >/tmp/trace.txt1

You can also use ethereal the have a look at the trace, ethereal will do the formating for you.

Regards
Fr