108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ISEE and vPars

SOLVED
Go to solution
Richard Pope
Occasional Advisor

ISEE and vPars

What is the correct way to install ISEE onto a server that contains vPars?

It has been suggested that ISEE needs to be installed onto each vPar, but that doesn't seem to be possible, as the system handle would need to be re-used.

Has anyone done this?
5 REPLIES 5
Charles Holland
Trusted Contributor

Yep. One rp7410 w/2 npars. Each npar has 2 vpar.

installed on each vpar (each vpar has different hostname) all reference the same support contract.

Without it on each vpar you are not monitoring ALL the hardware in the box (that presuming that all HW is allocated and in use).

Regards
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" A. Einstein
Richard Pope
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the info Charles.

HP are telling me that I need to get a 'dummy' system handle created for each vPar, as system handles can't be re-used within ISEE. I'm not sure that this is an official recommendation though, anyone from HP's ISEE team care to comment ?
Charles Holland
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Richard,

I don't know if you will ever see this but sorry for the very late reply. Our rp7410 has 2 Npars and a total of 4 Vpars. When the "system" was purchased it was given ONE system handle. I did not purchase any additional "dummy" handles. ISEE is installed on each Vpar and all run under the same handle.

regards
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" A. Einstein
Richard Pope
Occasional Advisor

Charles, thanks again for the info.

Further responses from HP suggested that ISEE would 'sense' that it is being installed onto a vPar/same hardware, and so would allow the system handle to be re-used.

I had been holding out to confirm this on our systems before posting back to this thread, but time and project work has conspired against me.

Given your own experience, it would appear that HP's response is correct.
Richard Pope
Occasional Advisor

Closing thread, as a solution has been suggested by HP, and confirmed by Charles Holland.