New Discussion юеВ

Re: ISEE does not show any info of the system

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wallace Liu
Advisor

Hi Andrew and Liem,

I know now that I did not run correct command on Itanium. The correct command is /etc/opt/resmon/lbin/send_test_event memory_ia64.

Now one issue is resolved. The no info in ISEE is still an existance.

Andrew,

Thank you very much for your help.

Liem,

Please continue to help me get the problem resolved.

Cheers

Wallace
Wallace Liu
Advisor

Hi Liem,

I removed the ISEEPlatform and re-installed on one box but the problem is still there. After the installation, /opt/hpservices/RemoteSupport/bin/iseeInit is hard on, but file /opt/hpservices/tmp/.firsttimes is empty(size is zero).

Could you please tell me some methdology behind ISEE. There is no much trouble shooting documentation available.

When I am inputing contact info,etc after the installation, the ISEE GUI does not show the Serial Number and Product Number. Please see the attached file. How does ISEE get these info? Also , if "detailed system information" is clicked, the system reports "Diagnostic Failed to Complete". What is running after "detailed system information" is clicked?

thank you for your help.

Wallace
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi Wallace,

Do you see this host show up on the SPOP under View All Devices? It may show up as "unnamed device".

iseeInit is the initialization process, it runs only during the setup phrase to submit the Configuration to the SPOP, if this process keeps running, there might be a communication between this Server and SPOP.

Can you run "telnet woolisee.woolworths.com.au 80" and let me know if this is working?

At this time, I can only recommend one more thing to try is to find a different Java version on your Server and try it out. This is set in motprefs file (JVM_LOC), such as:
JVM_LOC=/opt/java1.4/bin/java

There is one that comes with ISEE and it's under:
JVM_LOC=/opt/hpservices/jre/bin/java

You will need to stop/start hpservices after making the change.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Wallace Liu
Advisor

Hi Liem,

You are genius. The problem is in deed caused by JRE.

After ISEE is installed , JVM_LOC is automatically set to JVM_LOC=/opt/java1.3/jre/bin/java on all my Itanium systems. All my Itanium boxes have both JRE13 and JRE14 installed. The are installed into /opt/java1.3 and /opt/java1.4. The installed JRE14 is version 1.4.2.07.02. However some systems are installed with JRE13 version 1.3.1.15.01 and some are installed with JRE13 version 1.3.1.13.01.

My "no data problem" is ONLY on all systems with JRE13 version 1.3.1.13.01.

For these problem systems, I first removed ISEE and re-installed ISEE. Then I stopped ISEE and set JVM_LOC=/opt/java1.4/jre/bin/java in /opt/hpservices/etc/motprefs file and restarted ISEE. ISEE functions properly after this change. I have to remove the software first becaused I input contact info,etc before for these systems. I don't know how to wipe off the info without re-installation.

I have two questions need our further help:
Question one: if an ISEE client has already been configured with contact info,SPOP info etc, apart from re-installation, how do I wipe off those info?

Question two, JVM_LOC is set automatically by the installation, do I have any way to make installation set it to /opt/java1.4/jre/bin/java?

I did below trying to make JVM_LOC be set to /opt/java1.4/jre/bin/java but failed:
- swinstall -x defer_configure
- change motprefs
- swconfig ISEEPlatform

I find swconfig changes JVM_LOC back to /opt/java1.3/jre/bin/java

Cheers

Wallace
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi Wallace,

You wrote:

I have two questions need our further help:

Question one: if an ISEE client has already been configured with contact info,SPOP info etc, apart from re-installation, how do I wipe off those info?

>>>> The Contact info, Company Info, Entitlement Info, Proxy can always be changed within ISEE GUI.

The SPOP (Server name) cannot be changed from the GUI, however, you can use changeServer command to point to another SPOP (or to HP Backend Server).

/opt/hpservices/RemoteSupport/bin/changeServer isee.americas.hp.com

Question two, JVM_LOC is set automatically by the installation, do I have any way to make installation set it to /opt/java1.4/jre/bin/java?

>>>> You can try after ISEE is installed:

/opt/hpservices/RemoteSupport/bin/coreConfig -r JVM_LOC /opt/java1.4/jre/bin/java

I am glad to see the problem is fixed.

Regards,