Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Insight Remote Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISEE generate your own alerts to HP

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul Brear_1
Advisor

ISEE generate your own alerts to HP

I want to be able to run a script that generates an alert to let the ISee response centre know that i am resetting tape drives etc so they dont call me about that sort of thing. I get a fibre alert when the tape unit (SL500) goes off line if the support guys reset it. Is there anyway to generate your own isee alert that says " resetting tape unit -please ignore following messages" then another to say "tape unit reset - please call if any further errors etc" ?

Cheers,
Paul
3 REPLIES
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: ISEE generate your own alerts to HP

Paul,

You can shut off rstListener before performing routine maintenance (i.e. reset tape drive..), then turn it back on after you are done:

#/sbin/init.d/rstemsListener stop

(this stops the "rstListener" which listens on port 1402 for messages from EMS).

To re-enable ISEE using the following command:

#/sbin/init.d/rstemsListener start

Regards,
Frauke Denker_2
Esteemed Contributor

Hello,
what OS do you use?? As tape messages are not transmitted via ISEE I assume that you use some other system. So which OS and which diagnostic do you use??
Regards
Frauke
Paul Brear_1
Advisor

System is HPUX 11.xx
the error is generated by the fiber fabric
on the cards to ems.
I will try the above to stop/start the listener and see what happens on a dev box.

Thanks
Paul