Re: ISEE on SuSe Linux and Tru64 etc ??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dary
Frequent Advisor

ISEE on SuSe Linux and Tru64 etc ??

Hi,
I have a few questions;
1) When do we support ISEE on SuSe Linux?
2) Can I install ISEE Enterprise on Tru64?
3) I have a server that I already use it as CV-EVA SAN server with WEBES/OSEM configured on it. my question is, can I use that same server as ISEE CMS?

Thanks for your feedback.
4 REPLIES 4
KuehnUl
Advisor
Solution

Hallo Dary,

1.) With SIM Agents on the SUSE-System, you could configure your snmp to send traps to a SIM Server. This could observe by ISEE.

2.) Yes, you need WEBES and ISEE.
http://h20293.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductsList.do?groupName=Instant+Support+Enterprise+Edition+%28ISEE%29

Regards, Uli
Sam Cofield
Advisor

2) Yes, ISEE is available for Tru64. Possibly need WEBES. Please check the Release Notes to make sure the Server is a WEBES Supported server. It may not be, and then may be supported by DECevent. In that cause you will need DECevent and the DECevent ENP, and you then forward events from DECevent to OSEM for logging via ISEE.
SJ_MZN
Occasional Visitor

Hello Dary,

1) When do we support ISEE on SuSe Linux?

We dont have a specific SuSe client as of now.You can run a model 3 deployment on these kind of clients.only latest snmp agents are required.

2) Can I install ISEE Enterprise on Tru64?
Absolutely.dont forget to install latest version of webes,4.4/4.5 as only webes can interpret the binary error logs generated by tru64 clients and eva's.

3) I have a server that I already use it as CV-EVA SAN server with WEBES/OSEM configured on it. my question is, can I use that same server as ISEE CMS?

yes.you can.just get your osem settings correct.
I am an HP employee.
Sam Cofield
Advisor

Dary,

There is some false information listed.

For Tru64, WEBES v4.4.3 with Rules Update 1 (RU1) is the latest and supposedly last version of WEBES for Tru64. Not v4.4.4/v4.5 as mentioned.

WEBES Engineering does not plan on releasing a new version for Tru64, since Tru64 is not updating to the newer Java 5.0 support. They are trying to figure out other options. Maybe changing and adding a new kit for WEBES v5.0.

Sam Cofield
N/A Service Tools Support