108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ISEE test email syntax

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bonnie Temple
Advisor

ISEE test email syntax

I want to test the HP 9000, hp-ux 11.0 server to be sure ISEE is sending mail to external address particularly HP. I can get to the URL for isee.americas.hp.com and I can get to :5060.start.html. I can successfully send email to an internal address via sendmail, but I want to send a test to HP as if through ISEE and see the open issue when I logon to :5060.start.html to confirm it made it.
What is the correct syntax or method for sending a test?
Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16
Bonnie Temple
Advisor

I think I found the answer to my own question.
This must be the test syntax.
/opt/resmon/bin/send_test_event disk_em

tail of callout.log shows entry as below for this test at 4:10pm on 1/19. But I don't see anything in my isee open cases when I log on to :5060.start.html

#tail callout.log
Getting maximum callout log file size
Maximum callout log file size is 100000
Determining length of current Log File
Length of current Log File is 17800
Returned from trimCalloutLog
Attempting to load the list of allowed scripts
Loading the list of allowed scripts
RemoteSupport script firstSync will be allowed to run when called
PreSync: contactIDsBONNIETEMPLEBTEMPLE@abc.COMISEE.AMERICAS.HP.COM=BONNIETEM
PLEBTEMPLE@abc.COMISEE.AMERICAS.HP.COM

Bonnie Temple
Advisor

After test send I see this in mad.log
190105 16:27:50.550 ERROR,[WebServer] WebServer exception:
190105 16:27:50.551 ERROR,[WebServer] NetworkException (1): socket.cpp:374 (232)
Connection reset by peer Socket::read(): recv() failed [[172.30.14.46]]

190105 16:27:52.019 ERROR,[WebServer] WebServer exception:
190105 16:27:52.019 ERROR,[WebServer] NetworkException (15): unexpected eof

Where do I go from here?
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Bonnie,
1. You cannot send mail for testing, ISEE doesn't send mail to HP, it only sends the incidents to HP through port 80 (http).

2. You can send /opt/resmon/bin/send_test_event disk_em, but in your case, it doesn't seem to work. Could this be a firewall issue?

When you logon to :5060.start.html, click on Configuration options, then System, do you see the Entitlement information?

If you don't see this, then isn't working yet and most likely, it's with your firewall/proxy.
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor

Bonnie,

Forgive me if you have already verified this, but as a first step to diagnose the issue I would suggest that you browse to the ISEE content server directly from the HP9000 host.

The URL would be:

http://isee..hp.com/mots/motserv

Where region is: americas, europe, or asiapac.

Note: If the host does not support a browser then you can use a browser on a pc located on the SAME subnet as the host.

If you can't reach the content server the next thing to do is try nslookup -- again from the host. Frequently, the issue can be traced to name resolution. If the name doesn't resolve make an entry in the /etc/hosts file.

If nslookup succeeds I would suspect proxy issues.

Take care,
frank

All knowing is doing.
Bonnie Temple
Advisor

We can reach that URL. I am on a PC on the same subnet and see the page as - (I saw somewhere in ITRC) - that we should see.

Thanks,
Bonnie Temple
Advisor

Liem - I can see the entitlement information - my system handle and contact information. All are correct. Out in configuration, it will show me the details of our system. All looks normal there.
Bonnie Temple
Advisor

We don't have a proxy. We do have a firewall. If ISEE is trying to send out port 80 (http) & sendmail from Unix system is able to send to my external email address for example, ISEE should be able to send out as well, correct?
Frank Alden Smith
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Bonnie,

The next thing to do is test the ISEE client software itself. Use the following test script, which should generate a "Testing connectivity" incident:

# /opt/hpservices/RemoteSupport/bin/iseeConnectivityTest.sh

1545807970.6@rtcuss

Note: If the command generated a test incident you should see an incident key similar to 1545807970.6@yourhostname

Browse back to the server and verify you can see the incident in ISEE.

If not I would return to the server and do an nslookup on isee.americas.hp.com.

Also a ps -ef | grep mad to establish the client software is running.

Take care,
frank
All knowing is doing.
Bonnie Temple
Advisor

Awesome. That worked. I can see the test incident. That's what I wanted to confirm.
I guess I was running the wrong test with the opt/resmon/...teset_disk_em ?

Thanks Frank!

Bonnie