108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ISEE unable to connect

SOLVED
Go to solution
Leilani Fernandez
Occasional Contributor

ISEE unable to connect

I'm trouble configuring ISEE. When I try to connect I get an error: WARNING: Unable to connect to http://stlsmorcaraendmz02.enaf.****.***.com:80/mots/motserv

This is what is in the mad.log:
040506 21:58:45.168 ERROR,[Comm] install failed for server: stlsmorcaraendmz02.e
naf.****.***.com auth_key: guest
040506 21:58:45.168 ERROR,[Comm] NetworkException (1): socket.cpp:116 (238) Conn
ection timed out Socket::connect(): socket() failed: stlsmorcaraendmz02.enaf.****.***.com (144.160.176.***)

I configured the motprefs=Agent_Port=5060 and the server above as the default_motive_server.

Sorry about the **s
4 REPLIES 4
A. van Berk
Frequent Advisor

If you are installing the ISEE client in an ISEE 'standard configuration' then you should NOT fill in a server name in the isee client.

If you are pointing the ISEE to the SPOP server then you should use the SPOP's server name.

Try to reinstall the client first.
If it doesn't help please provide more information about the setup.
Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Is this the name of your Server stlsmorcaraendmz02? If this is true, then you are trying to send ISEE packacges to itself.

Server Name must be the name of HP Backend Server you are reporting to.

If this is HP-UX and your Server is in North Americas, you can run:

/opt/hpservices/RemoteSupport/bin/changeServer isee.americas.hp.com

If this is Windows, do a search for the command and run it as above.

Make sure your Server can resolve the IP address of isee.americas.hp.com plus port 80 on your Firewal has been open to allow outbound traffic.

Hope this helps,

Liem Nguyen
Honored Contributor
Solution

Leilani,

I was able to make the change on your SPOP, please try submitting the info again. If you see the Entitlement section in the GUI, this means it's working.

If you are still having problem, please mail me /opt/hpservices/log/mad.log and /opt/hpservices/etc/motprefs.

Thanks,
Leilani Fernandez
Occasional Contributor

Liem,
I sent emailed you the info you requested.