4891 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Ignore events from systems which are not registered in IRS

shatra
Advisor

Ignore events from systems which are not registered in IRS

Hello

Is there any option in IRS to ingore  events which are received from systems which are not registered in IRS. Currently I receives calls from HP regarding systems which are not managed by us but they have configured by mistake our IRS server. Somehow IRS when reiceives an snmp trap auto discovers the system and openes a case for that "unknown" system.

5 REPLIES 5
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: Ignore events from systems which are not registered in IRS

Hello shatra, can you report what version of Insight RS you have installed?

The original intent was that if someone had setup the trap destination on a device to match that of Insight RS, they must intend to monitor that device.

Please report your version so we might better assist.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
shatra
Advisor

Hello

Thank you for the fast reply. I am using Insight Remote Support 7.6.0.0031.

It makes sense what you are saying. But if you have multiple IRS instances(limited number of managed nodes)  and geographically splitted, all systems are coming preconfigured with snmp to point on each of IRS instance, in order to respond when the manual discovery is done from the appropiate IRS CMS.

I need a way to disable this autodiscovery...

toddg1
HPE Pro

Since you are running Insight RS 7.6 - I have good news for you.

Are you familiar with the Insight RS command line tool, rsadmin?  (if you do not, you can use the online help button from within the user interface to learn more about it - you can search in the upper right hand corner for 'rsadmin')

If you run the following command at the console, it will ignore SNMP traps or indications from devices that have not been discovered by Insight RS previously - no discovery will be triggered.

rsadmin config -set analysis.autodiscovery.disabled=true

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
shatra
Advisor

you`re the man!!

rsadmin is my childhood friend: )

Is there any detail documentation for rsadmin besides what is in help ?

toddg1
HPE Pro

Only the rsadmin -help command itself - but that's pretty much what is in the online help.

Please note, not everything that can be adjusted will ever be documented publicly - as you can really mess up a system by adjusting values randomly and without HPE advice.

I am glad we could help out here.  This new rsadmin command was added because of concerns just like yours.

Todd

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo