5004 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Insight IRS - ILO2 ILO3 not Eligible

marcelkoedijk
Frequent Advisor

Insight IRS - ILO2 ILO3 not Eligible

Hi

Iam running Inisight IRS 7.08 (and SIM7.2), ILO4 is not a problem to register. All gen8s working correctly and IRS receive all test events i send. But we have also older servers, G6,G5,G4 with older ilo hardware ILO,ILO2,ILO3.

All traps form SMH agents are fine, and test events form SMH are correctly in SIM and IRS.

Only ILO,ILO2,ILO3 events are received in SIM but never come up in IRS.

When i look in IRS i will find de ILO is "Eligible" with a red-X and is disabled, i figerout this the problem.

Capture.JPG

Is it possible to make it "eligible" so ILO2/3 traps are also landed in IRS 7.0.8 ?

I can't find it in the document, so i hope a IRS expert can help me :)

Great Regards Marcel 

4 REPLIES 4
toddg1
HPE Pro

Hello Marcel,

At this time in Insight Remote Support, the only iLO device supported is the iLO 4, as you're seeing. The other devices can be discovered - but we don't support them, so they are appearing correctly in the user interface.

The request to support these devices can be made to the program - but I cannot comment on whether or when it might happen.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
marcelkoedijk
Frequent Advisor

thx for your fast response toddg1.

I was all ready affraid for it :)

So it means that older servers G7-G4, can only be monitored true SMH agents ?

Thats will means in the event of a O.S. crash there will be no ILO event sended trough HP (only SIM event).

What do you suggest, leave ILO alone and use only the O.S. agents, our keep a separate RSA5.80 to manage the older server farm.

toddg1
HPE Pro

Older ProLiants are supported via the Support Pack for ProLiant agents in version 7, the same as they were in v5.8, I would not advocate for keeping a v5.8 around solely for that purpose.

The support in v7 for the G4-G7 devices would be the same as you had in the earlier version ...

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
marcelkoedijk
Frequent Advisor

But why ILO traps only are appears in SIM and not in IRS.

In the senario of a system crash the hp agents will be unavailble also, and is ILO the only one that can send a trap.

A trap from the hp agents will see in SIM and IRS, but a trap from the ILO will appaers only in SIM and not in IRS.

So if i understand you correct you advides to only use o.s. hp agents to send to HP and leave ILO only landed in SIM.