Insight Remote Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Remote Support 7.7.0.0020: Mass remove stored credentials from Devices.

DL_Johnson
Visitor

Insight Remote Support 7.7.0.0020: Mass remove stored credentials from Devices.

I am struggling with bad passwords comming from my VM running IRS. I am trying to remove all credentials from the system. When I drill down on a device I see a stored credential and am able to delete that credential. I have around 200 devices and was wondering if there is a way to do that enmass.

Thank you for any assistance.

DL_Johnson

2 REPLIES
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: Insight Remote Support 7.7.0.0020: Mass remove stored credentials from Devices.

DL, sorry - at this time there is not an easy way to do this other than what you're doing (which we understand is not easy).

Let me ask for some more info - and I will file an enhancement request - which doesn't help you now, but if we can get something into the system for the future - it will be appreciated by other users - I have had this request in the past, but not with any specifics.

Are you wanting to delete ALL credentials?

Are you wanting to delete all credentials of a specific TYPE? (WBEM, WMI, etc.)

Are you wanting to do something different?

The more specifics I can get - the more detailed we can make the enhancement request.

Thanks for your help - and sorry this isn't what you wanted to hear.

I am an HPE employee.
DL_Johnson
Visitor

Re: Insight Remote Support 7.7.0.0020: Mass remove stored credentials from Devices.

Hey, thank you for the prompt response. I only have a single credential to remove so from my perspective all credentials would be fine.

I do think it would be nice if you could select hosts by any groups you have created, or by selection.

I don't think type is really an issue I am just wanting to clear the credentials that discovery assigned to that device.

If we could just select the system, then in the drop down (bottom right on the devices tab) a selecton to "clear credentials from systems" option would be great.  This could easily get more complicated but right now just a simple way to do it accross the board would be nice.

Thanks for your time!

DL_Johnson