cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight Remote Support 7.9.0.0098 Failed to connect to HPE via proxy

shatra
Advisor

Insight Remote Support 7.9.0.0098 Failed to connect to HPE via proxy

Currently I am experience sporadic problems in IRS regarding connection to HPE.

After testing internet connection from Administrator Settings --> Settings --> Test Connection, i get the status "Connected".

When I try to discover a new system, Hosting Device health is changing to red , wiht error on Conectivity : Failed to connect to HPE.

rsadmin config -displayAll | findstr "api"
STARTUP HpAdapter.Address.EndPoint => https://api.support.hpe.com/v1/
STARTUP swm.manifest.url => https://api.support.hpe.com/v1/SWM/manifest.xml
STARTUP swm.package.url.server => https://api.support.hpe.com/v1

What I already did:

- restarted IRs

- Tried with different proxy servers

- checked the latest available updates.

=============================================

Any Tips?

13 REPLIES 13
toddg1
HPE Pro

Re: Insight Remote Support 7.9.0.0098 Failed to connect to HPE via proxy

Hello Shatra, 

I had a report that there were some periods of outage in the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Data Centers on 14 October that would have impacted connectivity for Insight Remote Support.

I have been told that the problems are now resolved - can you please check again?

Accept or Kudo
shatra
Advisor

Same behavior, when do a test connection I get the internet status Connected. Hosting Device Health also green.

After I run a refresh warranty contract for a system, registration in progress and hosting device health is back again red...

Detailed:
1. Check that the connectivity check has passed. Without connectivity, subscriptions will not succeed. 2. Check that the credentials are still valid.

toddg1
HPE Pro

Hi Shatra,

I again connected with our support team, who indicates the service is up and running, and that if you are still experiencing issues, it may be something else - and that you probably need to contact HPE support at this stage to make sure you are back in working order.

Thank you.

Accept or Kudo
shatra
Advisor

I had a look in hprs log file, something got my attention

35287-94] INFO c.h.u.i.helper.IntegrationHelper - Testing connection to: (proxyhostname:8080) proxyUserName:(domain\user)
21 Nov 2018 12:53:40.084 JettyServer[qtp1502635287-94] INFO c.h.u.i.helper.IntegrationHelper - Testing connection to address (https://api.support.hpe.com/v1/ClientRegistration/ClientRegistrationService.asmx)
21 Nov 2018 12:53:40.396 JettyServer[qtp1502635287-94] INFO c.h.u.p.r.RemoteSupportNodeBPO - Connectivity Status Change: Failure --> Success
21 Nov 2018 12:53:40.412 JettyServer[qtp1502635287-94] INFO c.h.u.i.helper.IntegrationHelper - Connectivity test finished - succeeded
21 Nov 2018 12:53:40.474 JettyServer[qtp1502635287-94] INFO com.hp.uca.ui.filters.SecurityFilter - #SecEvt : User (domain\user) at (irshost:55919) : accessing following uri (/remotesupport/rest/applicationsettings/update-connectivity)
21 Nov 2018 12:53:40.505 IntegrationRunner[ORMgr-6] ERROR c.h.u.p.r.RemoteSupportNodeBPO - Connectivity Status Change: Success --> Failure
21 Nov 2018 12:53:40.505 IntegrationRunner[ORMgr-6] WARN c.h.u.i.a.hp.remotesupport.HpAdapter - OosRegistration failed; OosRegistration caught WebService exception; The server sent HTTP status code 503: Service Unavailable; Request size: 7530 bytes.

shatra
Advisor

Just finished a VR session wiht hp support, it seems that the outage is still present on HP backend, and is scheduled some maintenance over the weekend, will see on Monday!

jeremysherriff
Occasional Advisor

I had the same issue with my IRS system, and can report that it is now resolved as of about 7pm Saturday 1 Dec, GMT.

However it is NOT resolved for my OneView systems - they still fail to register new devices.  The HPE back-end endpoints for OneView are also part of the api.support.hpe.com global load-balancer.

JTodd1
Frequent Advisor

Hi - Please file a support call for your OneView system. It should also be resolved there.

I am an HPE employee
jeremysherriff
Occasional Advisor

I have several tickets open, and have not been able to get a response on any of them for several days.  Replying to the last email, and logging a comment in the support portal, have both failed to get an update.

In desperation I opened an additional ticket, which was closed as a duplicate after a brief phone call.  The original ticket still has no update.

JTodd1
Frequent Advisor

I don't have enough background to tell you mish about what could be going on in your environment. Can you please select a server or enclosure and do the following?
- Clear any active Remote Support enablement alerts from the UI for that system
- Enable Remote Support on that system

If that provides the desired result, perform the same steps for other systems.

Get Outlook for Android
I am an HPE employee