Insight Remote Support
1752781 Members
6446 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Is the Remote Support Support Advanced 5.650 client capable of running on virtual servers?

Sandman70
Occasional Contributor

Is the Remote Support Support Advanced 5.650 client capable of running on virtual servers?

I have installed SIM with the RSS client on a Hyper-V server. Whenever I try to update contract and warranty info, I receive the following error:

Sending contract and warranty request to the hp.com back-end contract and warranty service using Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client.
There was no response from the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client and/or the remote back-end contract and warranty service at hp.com. Verify the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client service is running, properly configured and that the HP SIM server has access to the internet.

There is no firewall or proxy server involved here. The server has full internet access.

2 REPLIES 2
ITRC Test-CH
Trusted Contributor

Re: Is the Remote Support Support Advanced 5.650 client capable of running on virtual servers?

Yes IRS can run on virtual servers. Which ones are supportet is described in the IRS release notes.

Regards, Werner
NasaDave
Advisor

Remote Support only runs on a VMware virtualization environment.

This is because HP wants to sell you licenses of VMware.