Insight Remote Support
1753318 Members
7144 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Is there a reasonable way to purchase a "firmware & drivers" download subscription for old hardware?

jb_wisemo
Advisor

Is there a reasonable way to purchase a "firmware & drivers" download subscription for old hardware?

In recent years, HPE has been strictly enforcing a policy of requiring a current warranty or support contract for valuable downloads, such as firmware and driver updates.  As our organization has a number of aging HP(E) hardware products that have long lost their warranty, it would be interesting if there was a support contract offering that allowed us to access up to date downloads for old products without the escalating price of retroactively buying service subscriptions since the historic warranty expiry dates.

So are there any such contracts offered by HPE?  And what keywords should be used to purchase them either online or through a local HPE reseller?

Note that some products in our environment predate the split between HP consumer products and HPE.

3 REPLIES 3
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager

Re: Is there a reasonable way to purchase a "firmware & drivers" download subscription

Hello,

Till you get a response from another Community member, have you tried reaching out to the Sales Chat team. They may be able to assist you with this aswell.

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Is there a reasonable way to purchase a "firmware & drivers" download subscription

Hello,

Could you share the server generation or what is the server model?

You can try to download the latest SPP as per the server generation.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jb_wisemo
Advisor

The SPP downloads for servers are among the firmware and driver downloads that are not availbale without a current contract or warranty "entitlement". The question was not limited to servers, but was directed at the overall HPE support services (even though the forum software forces all "services" posts into the "Insight Remote Support" subfolder). Affected hardware includes HP(E) servers, storage and network switches. One of the affected products is a Generation 5 ProLiant server. There's also some tape drives, ProCurve switches etc. There's also some products that are now under the HP consumer division despite being originally sold as business-grade models.