1753266 Members
5181 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Issue with test connections failing in RSC

Douglas P Jones
Occasional Contributor

Issue with test connections failing in RSC

I am using SIM 5.3 build C.05.03.00.00 with Remote Support Configuration and Services v1.0 (A.05.20). I have one central SIM server and 4 different CommandView servers at various locations.
When I am in the Remote Support Configuration and Services screen (Options -> Remote Support Configuration and Services…) and click on the Storage Services tab I am shown a list of all of the EVAs. At this point they have all been entitled, all of the CommandView servers have a trust relationship with the SIM server (Server Options) and all of the individual EVAs have been set to send notifications to the SIM server (System Options -> Configure Host Notification). I have created a domain account to be used as a service account for SIM and this is a member of the HP Storage Admins local group on each CV server.
After entering in the service account in the User/Read field and the (correct) password in the Pass/Write field if I click on the Test button some of the tests fail and some are successful. Of the 4 sites there are two sites where the test is successful for all EVAs at that site, one site where the test fails for all EVAs at that site and one site where some tests are successful and some fail. Running the tests multiple times produces the same results.
Any suggestions on where I could check to figure out where the mismatch is occurring would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.