1748280 Members
4164 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Issue with updating RSCC A.05.40.18.025

chris sales
Contributor

Issue with updating RSCC A.05.40.18.025

i have installed HP SIM v6 and then the RSSWM 5.4 packages. During the install it told me all packages installed successfully. Then when running the Remote Support Software Manager for the first time and selecting 'Synchronise with HP now' the Packages screen displays 'Failed' for the RSCC A.05.40.18.025. Any ideas why this is happening ? Each time i select 'Install' it appears to install the CM_GL_RSCC-CMS_WIN package but still says 'Failed' afterwards and the message 'An exception was thrown when installing the service CM_GL_RSCC-CMS_WIN' is displayed
3 REPLIES 3
J├╝rgen B├╝chs
Occasional Advisor

Re: Issue with updating RSCC A.05.40.18.025

I've got the same problem with RSCC.

After some investigations, I discovered that the RSCC failes to install, because the installer can't find the System management homepage. But the SMH is installed and working properly on the server.

BTW: My server is running Windows Server 2008 x64. I haven't checked, if this is a x64 problem.
Micke_Ch_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi!

I have the same problem.
I have tried to install the RSCC 5.40 on several servers but the installa failed at the latest 4 installation now.

Did anyone find a solution on this yet?
Otherwise I will create a support case with HP.
Will post any useful news here...

Best Regards
/Micke Ch
J├╝rgen B├╝chs
Occasional Advisor

I found that it is a problem with 64 bit Windows OS.

The current Systems Management Homepage is already a 64 bit application and therefore it creates the registry settings in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\System Management Homepage".

But the RSCC is still a 32 bit application. The RSCC therefore searches in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Hewlett-Packard\System Management Homepage" if the SMH is installed.

A workaround is to create the registry settings, so that the RSCC installer recognizes the SMH. You can put this in a .reg file and import it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Hewlett-Packard\System Management Homepage]
"InstallPath"="C:\\hp\\hpsmh"
"Version"="6.1.0"